Polish army tent - Lavvu on a budget ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
Just realised...Ive had mine up for three days INSIDE OUT with the pocket buttons on the inside and the extra shoulder fabric on the outside :/ only leaked in along the neck corded lines :) Very pleased indeed!

haha took me a little time to work out which way they go up cause there does nt seem to be a right or wrong way this weekend at brockwell will be the first time it'll have been used overnight so hope it does nt rain to much :rolleyes:

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
Hi, are you going to look at putting a log burner in it as shown previously on this thread?

thought about it using an ammo box but i think its a bit over kill for the size of it but it might be fun to make a small one for the winter

Itzal

Nomad
Mar 3, 2010
N Yorks
thought about it using an ammo box but i think its a bit over kill for the size of it but it might be fun to make a small one for the winter

I had the same idea I have a small ammo tin at work so I may give I a shot when I get back. Unfortunately it will be summer then :(

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales

BigMonster

Sep 6, 2011
Manchester
Don't worry guys. I will definitely start a new thread and do the whole group buy properly. I don't have exact date yet but I'm going this year for sure.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
If you can wait 2-3 months I can organize a group buy as I'm going home for 2 weeks (yes, I'm from poland). Price shouldn't go beyond 15 quid mark for one and something like 25 for two (you need two for a "full" tent).
as I will be going there by car I can bring as many as you need :)

£25 for the two, why not just buy off the ebay link I posted at £17 for the two? Don't make sense to me.

BigMonster

Sep 6, 2011
Manchester
Just a rough guess. It really depends how many and from who... If I can't beat this guy price then we will forget about the whole thing...

mark wood

Forager
Jul 25, 2004
Newcastle
I had a quick try of one of these at a Scout meeting the other week and wasn't convinced I could lie out straight without touching the sides head and toe. I'm 6'1" so could anyone confirm the dimensions - we might not have had the tent as taught as it will go and I've seen 2.5m as the advertised diameter but it seemed snug to me.

Thanks

Mark

tomongoose

Nomad
Oct 11, 2010
Plymouth
I bought one last year and they are warm and snow proof but bulky and very cramped I'm only 5 10 and by the time me and my gear were in there it was pretty cramped. I got mine for under £25 delivered and I am happy with it for that price but i wouldn't pay any more for it or buy another one

Last edited:

KRF1963

Tenderfoot
Oct 19, 2007
York
I contacted an ebay dealer about shipping discount on buying a couple of these for my kids o use at scout camp and he said that if I bought 5 he could do them for £70 delivered instead of £24 each.

If my maths is right then this works out at £14 each. I have no need for 5 and wondered if anyone would be interested in a mini "group buy" of 5. Parcel2go quotes £6 shipping for up to 8Kg which would be enough for 2 tents.

Paypal fees would be 88p for one and £1.36 for 2 tents. If interested then please let me know. If I am speaking out of turn (I am a newish member here) then please let me know.

Cheers

Keith

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
I'm 6'3 and they are fine for me.

I had a quick try of one of these at a Scout meeting the other week and wasn't convinced I could lie out straight without touching the sides head and toe. I'm 6'1" so could anyone confirm the dimensions - we might not have had the tent as taught as it will go and I've seen 2.5m as the advertised diameter but it seemed snug to me.

Thanks

Mark

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I bought one last year and they are warm and snow proof but bulky and very cramped I'm only 5 10 and by the time me and my gear were in there it was pretty cramped. I got mine for under £25 delivered and I am happy with it for that price but i wouldn't pay any more for it or buy another one

Agree with you 100%, I got one to see what all the fuss was about but at 5' 11" its too cramped for me. My lad tried it and at 6' 3" it was no good. If he still has it and doesn't want it I'll give it away.

KRF1963

Tenderfoot
Oct 19, 2007
York
I contacted an ebay dealer about shipping discount on buying a couple of these for my kids o use at scout camp and he said that if I bought 5 he could do them for £70 delivered instead of £24 each.

If my maths is right then this works out at £14 each. I have no need for 5 and wondered if anyone would be interested in a mini "group buy" of 5. Parcel2go quotes £6 shipping for up to 8Kg which would be enough for 2 tents.

Paypal fees would be 88p for one and £1.36 for 2 tents. If interested then please let me know. If I am speaking out of turn (I am a newish member here) then please let me know.

Cheers

Keith

Cowboy has expressed an interest in 2 tents so one remaining.

Message to Cowboy PM inbox is full so PMs are returned.

£20 delivered for remaining tent assuming I can make contact with cowboy.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Try suporting them externally with a couple of poles (or use three washing line poles from Wilkinsons, either internally or externally). Gives a whole lot more space inside, as you don't have to "bend" around the central pole.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE