Polish army tent - Lavvu on a budget ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andythecelt

Nomad
May 11, 2009
Planet Earth
I resisted for weeks! Then ordered one even though I'd already bought a solo tent for this winter. I've not had the chance for a proper play yet but it looks pretty tough, much stronger than any nylon tent and at a shade over 3 kilo I'll live with the weight for weekenders. I'd imagine that with the low internal height a couple of candle lanterns will keep it toasty. I should be taking it out next weekend for a real trial. It still seems unnatural hoping for serious cold when camping though!

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Canvas will be more spark resistant though, if you want to have a fire near to, or even in the tent (stove)

I use a Heatpal marine alcohol heater/stove or paraffin heater in the Juno 800, my Hex 3 is heated really well with just a small gas lantern in winter. No way I'd have any type of open fire in the little Polish jobbies, an accident waiting to happen there. Plus I don't just camp in the woods so don't use fires always.

I use a Heatpal marine alcohol heater/stove or paraffin heater in the Juno 800, my Hex 3 is heated really well with just a small gas lantern in winter. No way I'd have any type of open fire in the little Polish jobbies, an accident waiting to happen there. Plus I don't just camp in the woods so don't use fires always.

Fair enough mate. I wasn't suggesting an open fire in the tent of course. Presumeably you could potentially have Carbon Monoxcide problems with your stoves too, if not used correctly?

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Fair enough mate. I wasn't suggesting an open fire in the tent of course. Presumeably you could potentially have Carbon Monoxcide problems with your stoves too, if not used correctly?

Potentialy you could, but the tent is well ventilated. The Heatpal holds the fuel in a wad of fibre so if knocked over you won't get a spill.

Please don't think I'm knocking these Polish set ups, I'm not; far from it in fact as its refreshing to see cheap kit being well used. But, I do worry about some of the proposed woodburners I've seen that are or may be used in such a small tent. As I said in an earlier post my Hex which is a bit bigger stays warm enough in UK winters with just the heat off a lantern and really if your kit is up to the job you don't need a heated tent in this country at all.

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
hiya guys

maybe i am searching for the rong thing but cant find any of of the orginal polish army tents on ebay can some one help me

secondly Mr shewie just so you know if my parents threaten me with a lynching for ordering this tent i will be sending them your way lol

drew

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE