Pocket chainsaw!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Ok guys the interets looks good I will speak to the supplier on Tuesday when I finish work. ( I work shifts,2 days + 2 nights) I get off my lastnight shift on Tuesday am.)

I will get back to you ASAP.

Cheers.:)

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
i have one already, i've used one for about 2 years, you can't beat it!

if you hold it next to a chain saw you'll see the chain is identical except some of the teeth are turned round.

i have cut through many logs and branches in some cases faster than a bow saw and much faster and cleaner than chopping!

all of this and you can sharpen it too just like a normal chain saw blade!

i got mine for free from a friend, they are fantastic!

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
this is a 16" replacement chainsaw blade
22983.jpg

look at the shapes on the outside of the chain(the inside has triangular teeth that run over the working parts)

close up it looks like this
images

scteeth_sm.jpg

this is one of the sabercut teeth!

the actual cutting teeth are identical! :D

ONE NOTE OF CAUTION!
(i've been trained in tree felling so it would be unethical for me not to say this!)

the one down side of using any wire or chain type cutting tool is that because of the way you use it (i.e. pulling towards you) you tend to always be in the danger area (i.e. where something will drop on to you), safe practice would say you are always away from the falling/dropping side!

best advice from me is find out how to fell a tree/branch properly before you experiment!

take care, have fun, and don't kill too many trees!

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
OK Guys it looks like we have plenty of interest, I am working on it at the moment hopefully it won't be too long before I finalise a deal with the supplier!:D

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I made my own from a Makita chainsaw chain!! It works a treat, I haven't felled any trees as that isn't the way I do things, but I've cut downed trees for fire wood and it ripped through the wood like there was no tomorrow. I used a dremel to remove two links of the chain by grinding off the pins, this gave me two useable lengths of chain and I put paracord through the holes where the pins were linking the chain together. I just wrap the paracord around two sticks I find on site to form handles and cut away.

If I was at home, I'd post pictures, it wraps up and fits into an old plastic shoe polish tin!

saffy

Forager
Feb 2, 2007
UK
spamel said:
I made my own from a Makita chainsaw chain!! It works a treat

Does it cut on both strokes or just one? As the hand one has cutting edges in both directions making it efficient to use.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I don't think it cut quite so well on the return stroke, but it still does the job and quickly too. Of course, an actual chainsaw chain will be designed to cut in one direction only!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE