Pleased to meet you. How do you do? My name's David. Who are you?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Aug 4, 2005
Sunny South Wales.
I've made a few posts since joining the site a couple of weeks ago, so it's probably time I came out of the shadows and introduced myself. My name's David, I'm twenty eight years old, and live near "ed", "cgait" and "wenie" in South Wales. Single with no kids - might think about children when (if) I finally grow up :) Blimey, that sounds like something from a lonely hearts advert :eek:

I heard about BCUK from tutors and participants on the recent bushcraft taster course held in nearby Cwmaman. My practical knowledge of bushcraft is sketchy to say the least, but it was non existent before Ed and Dean walked me through the basics. I've picked up loads of good info by looking through old posts on the forum - what a fantastic bank of knowledge. Pretty much every question I can think of asking has already been answered somewhere on the site. That's something BCUK members should be proud of.

If you're out and about on the Welsh hills and see a fella staring at the flora and fauna with a puzzled expression on his face, and a well thumbed copy of Food For Free sticking out of his pocket, please say hello, because it's probably me :)

P.S. I own several elderly Land Rovers, a serious mountain bike, a pair of leaky Goretex boots and a fair selection of khaki clothes, so I should fit in OK on the site :)

R-J

Forager
Jan 26, 2005
norwich
welcome to the site! as youve found out it is full of good info and tips. hope this place helps you as much as its helped me so far.

happy bushing,

rob

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Another Welshman :D

Welcome mate, glad to see you're getting lots from it already!

Aug 4, 2005
Sunny South Wales.
Yes, Cwmaman's a tiny village just outside Aberdare. Just don't insult the locals by calling it a suburb of Aberdare. :)

Cwmaman Institute does quite a lot of bushcrafty stuff. Give them a bell on 01685 887100 to see if they have anything to suit.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE