Please Remember!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve R

Forager
Jan 29, 2007
Lincolnshire UK
I don't get it, I am a newbie when I saw 'Lovely Grub' it seemed to me that it was a place for discussing/sharing recipe's that are favourites (lovely). I have never seen anything written about keeping it 'Veggie'.

I fully understand that some, not just vegiterians, would not want to see pics or read descriptions of meat being butchered/prepared, so a seperate forum for that is logical, maybe a change in title for the Lovely Grub forum?

Maybe even 3 forums, Fair Game for the butchery type posts, Veggie Grub, and Meat Grub for the two types of eating?

Toddy said:
It's confusing to me too and I'm supposed to be modding it :rolleyes:

So, with that in mind,

please see Post no. 11 :D

cheers,
Toddy

Post 11 would seem to be the Sensible interpretation :D officer

though a separate section will help sheild the faint hearted, i would assume its Primary task is to group a large sub group of infromation together and stop it getting lost in the main section bit like the Tracking and Firecraft subs

also if a post in fair game is made last it shows up on the front page as the last post in the lovely Grub section with a fairly truncated Post heading so you could stumble in from there

ATB

Duncan

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
I'm really sorry everyone... I seem to have caused a bit of a stir.... I'll bow out of this forum (lovely grub and fair game) for a bit till it has dies down..... really sorry again to those who took it the wrong way but the foul mouth emails were not really needed....

I'll stick to the other forums and keep away from fair game and lovely grub. I only posted this as before I was an admin here I was the lovely grub and fair game mod....and I made the rules.... now I am no longer on the staff, I agree that I have no reason to comment or tell people how to post.... that is the job of the current staff... whoever is the mod of these fora now.

Ed

Hunter_zero

Nomad
Jun 25, 2006
Wales
Toddy said:
Back to the courtesy thing I suspect.

Until we get things clarified;
If it is Hunting, shooting and Fishing, please use Fair Game.

Toddy

Could you just clarify the difference between farm slaughtered deer and wild deer that have been shot?
Guess it's the same as home grown greens and Tesco spuds?
:confused:

My point of view (with all respect as I do understand I am new here) is that meat is meat. I find it offensive when people dismiss 'hunted' meat as a viable food source. One thing I find most offensive is having to adjust things to be politically correct. (no argument intended, nor any malice).

John

ady05 said:
eds right
theres no need for bad emails its only a discussion after all :lmao:

quite right definatly not in the forum interest.

Ed you were/are only standing up for how you percive this section is supposed to be used and you may well be right. So dont bow down out or in any other direction for standing up for what you believe.

ATB

Duncan

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Hunter_zero said:
Could you just clarify the difference between farm slaughtered deer and wild deer that have been shot?
Guess it's the same as home grown greens and Tesco spuds?
:confused:

My point of view (with all respect as I do understand I am new here) is that meat is meat. I find it offensive when people dismiss 'hunted' meat as a viable food source. One thing I find most offensive is having to adjust things to be politically correct. (no argument intended, nor any malice).

John

Frankly no difference.
Meat is meat, but, this is a Bushcraft forum, which kind of implies a greater interest in acquiring either the ability or the knowledge to acquire one's own dinner :cool:
That said, very few people in the UK have the opportunity or the resources to acquire 'fresh' venison so (do supermarkets sell venison? I thought it needed a game dealer :confused: ) commercial is the stuff most will use.

Political correctness is one thing; consideration & courtesy seem to be a more comfortable lifestyle :D

cheers,
Toddy

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
Wayland said:
Ed.. I trust you have reported the e-mails to the mods.

That is really not on whoever it is...... :rant:

Red card time methinks. :(

Personal abuse is simply not to be tolerated.

Everyone has right to their opinions and to state them in a non offensive manner.

I can see Ed's point and can understand that he and others could be upset by coming across pictures of dead animals unexpectedly.

He was polite and does not deserve to have stupid e mails from morons. :(

Hunter_zero

Nomad
Jun 25, 2006
Wales
Toddy said:
Frankly no difference.
Meat is meat, but, this is a Bushcraft forum, which kind of implies a greater interest in acquiring either the ability or the knowledge to acquire one's own dinner :cool:

consideration & courtesy seem to be a more comfortable lifestyle :D

cheers,
Toddy

I'm so glad we all agree then! After all Venison, Rabbit, Beef, Lamb, Duck and all manner of meats are such lovely grub!

John

AndyW

Nomad
Nov 12, 2006
Essex
I wouldn't normally post in a thread like this but...

As others have said, I thought Lovely Grub was simply about food and that Fair Game was for stuff about "aquisition" and preparation. I couldn't honestly say how I ever came to that conclusion but it seems a fair distinction. I think part of it would be that Fair Game is a sub-forum, I would never consider the primary subject of food to be solely veggie related. Humans as a species are Omniverous, it's a choice or necessity to be otherwise.

Ed said:
It would be a shame to see the veggies leave just because they dont want to read about eating meat etc(and it has happened.... more than once)

Sorry to cause a controvasy.... I thought it was common knowledge that lovely grub was a veggie/no meat forum.... I was justreminding new members that may not know this..... my mistake... and sorry again :(

Ed

I find it unbelievable that veggie members have left in the past because the distinction was missunderstood. There is far more to BCUK than the food sections!

If meat is such a sensitive matter then we really should have three sections as it seems that it's being suggested that even discussion about the cooking of meat poses a problem.

Mods, I really don't envy your position but thank you all for your hard work. Especially on emotive subjects such as this.

Andy

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
BorderReiver said:
I can see Ed's point and can understand that he and others could be upset by coming across pictures of dead animals unexpectedly.

:lmao:
Ed is a trapper and snarer, and I know he's taught both in the past. Think he's just trying to look out for the veggies ;)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Oh heavens! :rolleyes:
If you're foraging and talking about it fine, if you're showing the beastie in it's dying gasps or with it's guts out then Fair Game please.

And if you find it's moved, then a Mod had a re-think about your post ;)

cheers,
Toddy

Hunter_zero

Nomad
Jun 25, 2006
Wales
Toddy said:
Oh heavens! :rolleyes:
If you're foraging and talking about it fine, if you're showing the beastie in it's dying gasps or with it's guts out then Fair Game please.

And if you find it's moved, then a Mod had a re-think about your post ;)

cheers,
Toddy

Not sure *I* follow you on this.

My idea of foraging is shooting a few bunnies, picking a few horse mushrooms and heading home for a nice cooked breakfast.

On the other hand, I may cast a line and take a trout or two, head home and cook a nice breakfast.

According to your line of rule. I would have to post about the mushrooms in one forum, the bunnies in another and god only knows where I post about the trout!

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE