Please allow me to introduce myself...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Forked_Stick

Feb 27, 2008
Earth / USA / New York
Greetings,
My name is Kevin and I have been lurking on your site for quite a while now. You guys really have put together an amazing community that is rich in camaraderie and information. While It seems that you have had a rush of Americans joining your ranks, I hope you don't mind another Yank in the mix.

A little about myself:

A while back I taught Wilderness Survival Skills at a sleep away camp during summers. This camp had a large number of British counselors, and this is where I first learned of what you guys call Bushcraft.

I have attended several of Tom Brown's Tracker school courses, including Advanced Standard, and Advanced Tracking & Awareness. I am active in a group of local students that get together for dirt time and practice skills. I am now in the process of researching some other schools to try out...to get a different perspective.

I enjoy bow hunting Whitetails and Turkeys, and I love to take my jon boat out for Bass, as well as hit the rivers with a fly rod for Trout. I have been hunting and fishing since I was a child.

I own a chunk of property in what we call upstate New York, but its really not that far up. I built what we call the Shabin (1/2 Shed 1/2 Shack 1/2 Cabin) It is really just a permanent shelter to store gear (kit for you guys) and Im up there when ever I can with friends or family. camping, hunting, fishing, practicing, etc. - I love it up there.

I really find it interesting to see the differences in kit & skill sets from what is the norm in Europe and the US, and I look forward to discussing how there are many ways to achieve the same goal - Different situations call for different skills. Its better to have as many tricks as you can in your arsenal.

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
Welcome to the forum Forked Stick! You will no doubt enjoy it even more now you can post here, and equally I'm sure you can contribute much to the rest of us.

Cheers, Nag.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Hi Forked Stick - welcome to the forum

It sounds like you`ve got a lot to offer us and you`re gonna fit right in here.

Welcome aboard

Rich

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
Welcome to the site you are going to love it on here, enjoy.

Simon.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE