Plash Palatka - Russian Canvas Poncho

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BaileyCluskey

Mar 3, 2016
Leicester
Hi guys,

I have a Russian Canvas Poncho, which I think is known as a Plash Palatka. Don't suppose anyone has any experience with one do they?
I'm mainly interested in how you have got a long with it, and what you have used it for (besides the intentional use as a poncho).

Thanks!

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
I usually get my Russian kit info from here

http://www.red-alliance.net/forum/index.php?topic=12498.0

plash.jpg

dabberty

Tenderfoot
Looks exactly the same to the standard NVA tarp, 180x180, but then in OD green, no needles etc.
They are extremely useful and cheap, I have a couple of the NVA version.
I use them for ground sheet to sleep on, quick poncho, quick tarp, wind blocker, and also several of them I cut up to make something else from them, like my carving tool roll, adding a rim to my Polish army laavu, pouches, etc, etc

Kilbith

Tenderfoot
Oct 18, 2013
South West
You could have a look at Susan Williams

[video=youtube;Dxk-3EyAIBU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dxk-3EyAIBU&nohtml5=False[/video]

Last edited:

BaileyCluskey

Mar 3, 2016
Leicester
Looks exactly the same to the standard NVA tarp, 180x180, but then in OD green, no needles etc.
They are extremely useful and cheap, I have a couple of the NVA version.
I use them for ground sheet to sleep on, quick poncho, quick tarp, wind blocker, and also several of them I cut up to make something else from them, like my carving tool roll, adding a rim to my Polish army laavu, pouches, etc, etc

I might have a look into the NVA Tarps! Thanks for that!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I bought a bunch of OG and Raindrop ponchos at the Moot last year - just for the fabric :)
After looking at this I may use one as a replacement for my delaminating /peeling MOD poncho....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE