Plant Locations

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

WhichDoctor

Nomad
Aug 12, 2006
Shropshire
Plant Locations

I posted a link to this in the "There's an app. for that" thread after just finding it today. Well i've been having a fiddle with it and I think that it deserves it's own thread.

Its basically a database of plants and trees people have found, but with each one linked to a marker on google maps. Anyone can post up locations and give a description as well as adding photos. Its not brilliantly simple to post locations but its not too bad, you don't even need to register on the site. There aren't that many locations on there yet and most of them are in Bristol, but it can only grow.

I have no idea who set it up, for what purpose or for who, I couldn't find any information on the website about the founders. but it seems ideal for bushcrafters to share info on natural resources. After all there have been a couple of threads recently about bushcraft journals and a couple of people mentioned that they mark down on maps locations of interest.

So I thought I would bring it to everyones attention to see what you think.

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Plant Locations

I posted a link to this in the "There's an app. for that" thread after just finding it today. Well i've been having a fiddle with it and I think that it deserves it's own thread.

Its basically a database of plants and trees people have found, but with each one linked to a marker on google maps. Anyone can post up locations and give a description as well as adding photos. Its not brilliantly simple to post locations but its not too bad, you don't even need to register on the site. There aren't that many locations on there yet and most of them are in Bristol, but it can only grow.

I have no idea who set it up, for what purpose or for who, I couldn't find any information on the website about the founders. but it seems ideal for bushcrafters to share info on natural resources. After all there have been a couple of threads recently about bushcraft journals and a couple of people mentioned that they mark down on maps locations of interest.

So I thought I would bring it to everyones attention to see what you think.

I have just submitted two locations inbetween Peterborough and Eye on the A47. McDonalds have a (Braeburn?) Eating Apple tree close to their Carpark and the council planted several Cherry trees beside the road on the stetch between Eye and the A15

[img=http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/4159/freefruitlocationateye.th.jpg]

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE