Adjudication re stealth camping.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
@Nice65
Hi,
I have today received this notification by email and I accept totally what you are saying. I did check other posts on the subject and made an erroneous assumption.

In future when describing my bushcraft/camping activities here I shall only refer to my locations in general terms and shall make no reference to their status.
The legal sites that nice 65 referres to are few and far between particularly for a winter camper such as myself. I am also required to get off the mountain before dark which again, in the winter’s short days is very limiting.

Is there an index of appropriate sites on BuUK? It would be most welcome.
I would have responded in situ but do not have the privilege to access the post referred to in my email notification.

I shall comply,
Pat.

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
The forum has been around for over twenty years.
In that time we have had members refused permissions because they mentioned that they were members.....because apparently we promote and encourage illegal camping.

We don't. It's that simple. We do encourage the legitimate right of access and the courtesy of asking permission for access to other people's property.

I'm a Scot, to me, to have to Moderate a thread like that is a complete mind warp.
However, that said, most of you live in England and Wales and the laws there are very clear. If you don't have permission you ought not camp there, you ought not to use someone else's timber, you ought not hunt or fish, and you ought not light fires.

There are lists on older threads of contact details for national parks and the like, and good advice on how to approach landowners.

We have very few rules here on BcUK, we ask that posts are kept family friendly, suitable for reading in a family situation, in a school situation, and that advice is kept legal.

We try, we really do :) and as ever your understanding is much appreciated.

cheers,
Toddy

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Very best of luck finding good places :) It's a busy island, but there are a lot of quiet spots, and some lovely areas.
Most folks rarely step beyond their own neighbourhood; it's astonishing how much wildlife there is around, even in suburbia, yet they never see it, never aware it's even there.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE