Are there any natural ie plant cures for coldsores

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TLM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
It appears that large doses of vitamin D3 also are antiviral to many viruses, it also appears to be a fairly effective cytokine storm stopper.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I didn't know it could be used for those. I know someone who suffers at times and he's miserable when they come on.
They really hurt for such tiny things, the mouth is so mobile it’s inevitable he’s miserable. It was many years ago and I don’t know if there’s anything in it, but my dentist suggested Vit b supplements. I don’t remember having ulcers again.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
They really hurt for such tiny things, the mouth is so mobile it’s inevitable he’s miserable. It was many years ago and I don’t know if there’s anything in it, but my dentist suggested Vit b supplements. I don’t remember having ulcers again.

He's vegetarian and the B vitamins are something I fretted about, but he takes a daily supplement that covers that, so I'm not sure why he is so susceptible to them. Thankfully it's very rare now, but it's still miserable when they come on.

JB101

Feb 18, 2020
Watford
In the UK we're generally good about antibiotics. Can't say that for other places though.
At the end of the day their overuse has meant resistance grows and their efficacy lessens year on year :sigh:

I have an old book called Hygiene for Nurses....from the days before antibiotics and when infection was actually understood enough that they could just be really, really effective in their cleaning and best practice.

We're so lazy now.
Could you tell me who is the author of the hygene for nurses as there seem to be various editions about .
Thanks in advance

GreyCat

Nov 1, 2023
South Wales, UK
When I feel a coldsore developing, I use some Hypercal ointment (made by Vileda). It contains St John's wort and calendula in standardised extracts.

Does seem to work for me in reducing severity and duration.

I have noticed tho that hypericum ointments vary, I also have some Viridian St John's Wort and Calendula ointment but it seems less effective.

Each to their own though. Different things work for different people. (I use the ointment because if I take St John's wort capsules, I have gut problems).

GC

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE