Pimp my firesteel

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shing

Nomad
Jan 23, 2004
Derbyshire
I just though of some good firesteel pimps

Gold, great for the West End and goes with your gold Rolex and teeth and signalling aircraft.

Silver, in case of werewolves e.g. American werewolf in London

Magnesium, extra tinder

Titanium, for tactical fire lighting

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Hi Shing,

Love the idea of a "tactical firelighter" :D Are you going to do one for the thread :confused: I suspect we should tie one hand behind your back or something - far too talented for mere mortals like me ;)

Red

Shinken

Native
Nov 4, 2005
cambs
Ive got one im making at moment, can i use that. its not very good i just chucked a bit of matching wood on the end

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Shinken said:
Ive got one im making at moment, can i use that. its not very good i just chucked a bit of matching wood on the end
Hmmm sounds like a ringer.......course you can Ash!!

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
P@ul said:
Please can someone help me, how do I attach a photo?
Thanks P@ul

it basically needs to be published on the net somwhere - lots of peeps use photobucket or you can upload to the gallery here and link to that

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Paul,

You need first to have the image uploaded to a hosting site - I use

http://www.imageshack.us

Upload your image there and they will provide you with a "direct link" to the hosted image.

Then click on the main "reply button". Above the text box is a yellow square with a mounatin in.

Click the square, paste in the direct link, click okay.

Done

Hope that helps

Red

P@ul

Forager
Jan 30, 2006
East Sussex
Thanks for the help, I have tried to put the pic in my gallery but its to large to upload. I am now working on the imageshack option.
This may take some time!! :confused:

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Okay...this isn't a proper one - the handle is ...err comfortable?...secure? Designed for someone who hates that silly little finger / thumb grip? :confused:

Whatever (hardly portable....can you have a "table firesteel" - like a table lighter :D )

largeantler6pd.jpg

Okay it was an offcut I had around and I haven't got any suitable wood right now (will do by the weekend though :) )...I was bored..

Red

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
P@ul said:
Thanks for the help, I have tried to put the pic in my gallery but its to large to upload. I am now working on the imageshack option.
This may take some time!! :confused:

Hi P@ul, if you click on FILE at the top of your computer you should see RESIZE PICTURES click on small and that will reduce the file size of your picture thus making it easier to upload onto here. hope that helps

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Carefully oriented to hide the blemishes mate ;)

Actually it needs a bit of finishing but I'll leave it overnight to let the epoxy go off! It was intented for a head piece for a staff that never quite came into being but I didn't have any suitable wood and it was that or Big Brother :eek: so it went to a noble cause! Got a few off cuts and bits and bobs coming from nice people and a couple of other fireballs that want a handle (blame Leon - he started me off). It makes a nice short project. Interestingly the curved bit of antler makes a super grip...hmmm anyone need a really easy to grip firesteel :confused:

Red

P@ul

Forager
Jan 30, 2006
East Sussex
Red, I like that very much.
Hopefully I have also managed to include a link to my photo.

Stuart f, thanks for the help, if this hasn't worked I will try that next.

I feel this is going to be a bit of a anticlimax! but I will be happy if I have learnt to upload a picture.

P@ul

Forager
Jan 30, 2006
East Sussex
British Red said:
That works just fine P@ul. Lovely grain and colour on that wood - is it yew?

Red
No, its a bit of oak, It was more by luck than judgement that the grain turned out as it did, after sanding down I finished it with walnut oil.
P@ul

Wayland said:
Not the type of firesteel you had in mind but I couldn't resist the opportunity to post this picture of my steel striker again.

firesteel1.jpg

It's based on a Viking steel and constructed with a couple of bronze strap ends and a bit of custom construction for the hanger.

This is very special. Where might I obtain one similar to this? I have a particular design in mind that is shaped like an arrowhead. Triangular rather than rectangular

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE