Pictures of Midlands Meet May 2010 ( Pic Heavy Thread)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Thanks again to Phil for organising the Meet.

Lovely weather on Friday and again on Sunday

Sat was fun...

As long as it's dry when you pitch up and dry when packing away it's a good Meet:lmao:

Communal Area:

communalarea4.jpg

A bit of Battoning by me for my Hobo stove:

mebattoningwithswc2.jpg

A bit of Wood splitting by Steve for his Jerrycan Fire pit:

stevefroeandmallet.jpg

Money Shot:

swc2.jpg

My Set up for the Weekend:

mysetupi.jpg

mysetup4.jpg

And on leaving:

leavenotrace.jpg

A Brew, a ciggie and warming my chestnuts:

mechilling.jpg

Last edited:

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
cracking photo's again martin, well done mate. i shall put mine up in a bit.]

thanks a lot to everyone for a cracking weekend, great to meet friends old and new.

thanks especially to phil for organisi...... facilitating the weekend,
steve for keeping the rain off on saturday,
martin (you know why ;)),
and of course preper and mrs. snarf for the westons, at least my headache's organic:)

cheers

stuart

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2010
ontario
Looks like you had a fun outing... I'm curious about a couple things..what's your water source?...over here we almost always set up camp beside a lake or river, but I often see UK trip reports that look like you are in the middle
of a forest...
And what is the summer weather like? cooler than here, I'm guessing; we don't often wear boots and long pants this time of year, and by mid-June we're almost naked when we go out on a camping trip...

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Looks like you had a fun outing... I'm curious about a couple things..what's your water source?...over here we almost always set up camp beside a lake or river, but I often see UK trip reports that look like you are in the middle
of a forest...
And what is the summer weather like? cooler than here, I'm guessing; we don't often wear boots and long pants this time of year, and by mid-June we're almost naked when we go out on a camping trip...

Hi Silentpaddler,

This Meet is actually held on a Scout Site, we were set up where the badge is

roughclose.jpg

so there is a tap for fresh water, however due to the rain a few just collected it as it fell from their tarps and boiled that up. :D

We are still in late spring here, so the weather can fluctuate quite a bit... this weekend was no exception:)

Last edited:

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Looks like you had a fun outing...

It was and it gave the batteries a good old charge too :D

... I'm curious about a couple things..what's your water source?...over here we almost always set up camp beside a lake or river, but I often see UK trip reports that look like you are in the middle
of a forest...

This trip was to a Scout camp site - so water came from a tap/faucet. On Saturday there was (thanks to 'The Curse of Twang Twang') the opportunity to harvest water as it fell. We haven't had much rain recently and if you'd seen the colour of the tree and tarp run-off that Muddy collected :yikes: - it looked like a 'sample' :puppy_dog

... And what is the summer weather like? cooler than here, I'm guessing; we don't often wear boots and long pants this time of year, and by mid-June we're almost naked when we go out on a camping trip...

It'll be warmer there :cool: .

Last edited:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
It was a great meet... totally forgot to get my camera out to take pics :sad6:

Didn't do anything much apart from sit round the fire and relax.
It was good to see new and old faces. Thanks to Phil for facilitating the meet. Can't wait for the next one :)

Snarf

Nomad
Mar 30, 2009
Birmingham
Nice photos Martin, pity i could'nt make it. :(

Its cos you predicted the weather Twang Twang lol and cracking pics Martin, aways a pleasure to see your bush photo's:eek:

Soon as the misses gives me her phone, ill put some up on here of what she took.

Snarf

Nice pics guy's! Had a great time... Loved trying out my new axe! Glad I took some dry Birch & pear from home for the fire (although the usual rc wood was better than usual!) Wolfcrafters fire pan was great, and as far as I know left no trace/ or dirty ash... I have posted some pics on my Blog. Would post them here but I cant work it out, and Im not a full member.
Special thanks to Decorum, and for Cliff (two dogs) for convincing us not to bother going to Scotland, and to go to Norway instead!!
http://jimbobushcraft.blogspot.com/

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE