Our first meet of 2020

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
As the title says - this is the first time that Stewart, Roly and I have had a meet this year... so it was a bit special...
I was in the woods from somewhere around 9.30am on the friday but before I had raised all the communal tarps and lit the fire Stewart was with me - having made an early start from London! Roly joined us later.
The weather was OK - started with light showers but got drier, Sat and Sun being dry and frosty. The main highlights of the weekend was food with Stewart producing fresh produce pizzas in Friday night and a fantastic lamb stew, followed by fresh pineapple, fried with demerara sugar and flambed in rum, served with fresh cream.on Sat. Sat breakfast was all the bits that could not be fitted on the pizzas being fried up and made into a giant omlet ....
Work done to deserve such food included cutting huge amounts of firewood, my repairing one of the in-situe chairs and making charcloth and the carving of a big spoon to stir the big stew. We also had a stroll looking at fox and badger tracks, looking for a pole for Roly to make a walking staff and to enjoy the dry cold weather.
Roly found a dazed squirrel - brushed by a car - which later recoveredP1170004.JPG P1170006.JPG P1180009.JPG P1180011.JPG P1180012.JPG P1180013.JPG P1180015.JPG P1180017.JPG P1180023.JPG
Lots of birdsong in the day, fox and owl calls at night and masses of good company and laughter.
In all a good start to the year!

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
"Roly found a dazed squirrel - brushed by a car - which later recovered" then the next picture is this :- :D:D:D:D

index.php

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
We did talk about it - but thought internal injuries might have tainted the meat - so it was left quiet ... and recovered!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE