photography

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Thought you would get something today ;)

Look forward to seeing the results. Like I said befire - shoot lots and lots from different angles and settings. They cost nothing and its the quickest way to figure out what works. If I get one I'm really pleased with out of 200 its a good day

Red

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
can somebody on here explain to me how to upload pics from my camera to my computer as i am having trouble
btw i have read the manual but i still cant do it lol
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
well i managed to cheat a bit and get a photo up, but not through the softwhere which was provided, i will have a proper look tommorow, here is a of picture of my dog just to test it, this where taken in very poor light with a flash so is not exactly a work of art, i will try and get some good ones tommorow
dscf0183en0.jpg

leon

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
With my Nikon D50 I just take the card out and stick in th computer and dump the pics in My Picture folder, and work on them with Adobe Photoshop as and when I need to.

chrisanson

Nomad
Apr 12, 2006
Dudley
nice dog leon,
i dont use the softwhare i had with my camara. i just use a card reader, put it
in the usb port and XP puts up a window and asks "copy to a folder in your pic"
or somthing like that! any way just click yes and the rest is farly easy ;) .
chris

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
cant wait untill tommorow, i am going down to a footpath where no one else goes and im going to take some pictures of the marsh birds, on the way back im going to stop off at the woods and do a fox call by squeeking on the back of my hand and seeing if i can get a shot of a fox, any tips on calling a fox ?
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
well me and the family went out so going out to take some photos was not an option, so i decided to take my camera with me, on the way back we went along the backlanes and i got a few shots, i didnt manage to get hardly any as my dad was driving and he only stopped a few times, plus the engine was running so the landrover was vibrating.
i will post my pictures, but i have forgoten how i got them up lol, chrisanson please help me
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
well here you are, it was a bit foggy as you can tell
heres our chimnea in auto mode
chimneant6.jpg

heres the chimnea in night mode
chimneanightmodetm0.jpg

heres the RHS clock tower in auto mode
rhsclocktowercn5.jpg

heres the front of the village church in auto mode
shotleychurchxo5.jpg

heres a tower inside the hms ganges in auto mode
shotleygangestowerez4.jpg

please give some constructive critism as i know they are not perfect
hopefully i will get out tommorow to test the camera
leon

ArkAngel

Native
May 16, 2006
North Yorkshire
It's good to play with the settings on a camera you will soon learn what you prefer to use.

OK piccie no1:

Sharp and well exposed <always a good start :) > Beware of strange angles. I am guessing you took the picture standing to the left of the fire and stood up, hence the angles of the chimnea look 'wrong'. That can be used to your advantage in certain situations. In this case it looks a bit weird with the rigid pattern of the brickwork off camber.

Piccie 3
Yeah well so it's a foggy day. If it were possible to do so i would of taken the photo a bit further back and included some more of the branch in the top left. When photographing landscapes it's always good to try and get in a bit of foreground interest to draw the eye into the picture. Otherwise it can look a bit flat and two dimentional.

Piccie 4 looks a bit blured. On a dull day shutter speeds will lengthen so holding a camera steady is a must. Either use things to hand to hold the camera steady (in this case the car window) or a tripod or wall.
Failing that if your camera will allow it use a higher ASA/ISO rating that will increase the shutter speeds, be careful not to push it too far or you will get 'noise' which means it can look like there is dust on the lens and picture quality will drop off.

Piccie 5...if your intention was to get the tower in focus the camera didn't know it :D. It has focused on the first thing it has come accross <in this case the fence>. Compensate for that by continuing to press your focus button <normaly the shutter release> until the focusing brackets look like they are resting in the area you want in focus. Failing that if you have a AE lock button (exposure/focus lock) get the fence out of the way <lift the camera up whatever> focus on the tower, press and hold the AE button then reframe the shot and take as normal.

Overall a good start :D you are actually taking photo's which is always the battle. The more you take the better you get and the more knowledge you pick up.

A friend of mine used to say of my work "that was a lucky shot"
to which i replied...
"yes isn't it strange, the more shots i take, the luckier i get"

(and yes i know that has benn used in almost all walks of life but he was a bit dense :lmao: )

Keep it up mate, i look forward to seeing some more soon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
thanks AA i see what you mean about the picture 1 looking wonky, picture 3 thanks i will get some of the foreground in next time, i like the idea of drawing the viewer into the picture, picture 4 yes it does look a bit blury doesnt it, it was probebly because the landrover was vibrating as the engine was on, picture 5, i will have to look through the manual and find where the focus button is
i will test it out again tommorow hopefully, any ideas what to try?
thanks leon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE