photography

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
Hi
as i have recently put up a little table and some feeders for the birds, i was hoping to photograph some, i have got two of a starling and a tit just came into the garden but i was to late to the camera
what setting should i use on my camera when taking photos of birds, the camera has, auto, anti blur, natural light, portrait, landscape, night time, movie, shutter priority, apurture priority, and two more which im not sure of i think ones manual ?
leon

ArkAngel

Native
May 16, 2006
North Yorkshire
Play with the settings to see what results you like.

For example:

If you want to capture a bird in flight just before it lands you will need to get every last little bit of speed out of the camera you can. a High ISO rating with shutter prioity set to the highest setting you can will freeze action. If you can manually focus on the part of the table you expect them to land them all the better otherwise you will lose precious seconds while the camera focus's.

It is all about trial and error, moving wildlife....well wildlife in general is pretty difficult to photograph well.

Acceptable results will be available from nearly every setting on that camera. The results will be very different. Spend a day on a weekend doing nothing but that. Use all the settings and keep a little notebook with the settings you used. Then you will be able to see how different settings affect the way the photo's turn out.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE