pee in a bottle

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
The bottle idea goes against the grain of what Plant Operators in the forces say, they go on and on about double handling, moving one thing from one place to another. They want to always get the most efficient output so don't double handle, peeing in a bottle is double handling as you have to empty it in the morning anyway! Just pee up a tree!

As a side note, do all blokes need to pee up against something or is it just me? I can't pee in the middle of an empty space for instance, I need to find a wall or a tree!

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Surprised no one has stiched a fabric funnel in their hammock yet. :D

Dandaman_24

Tenderfoot
Aug 1, 2007
W Midlands
whilst travelling on a bus from Coventry to South Wales with rugby, we had a load of cans on the way home, only problem was, no toilet.

So i had a small coke cola bottle and an empty packet of crisps, cut the corner of the crisps and poked it in the bottle neck, no spillage at all then, didnt even miss the hole either.

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
I'm not adverse to this idea given the thought of my past few outing stood shivering taking a leak then trying to get snug again. That fact that you can 'recycle' the heat rather than watch it drift away adds to the bargain.

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
As a side note, do all blokes need to pee up against something or is it just me? I can't pee in the middle of an empty space for instance, I need to find a wall or a tree!

I have no probs doing it in the open - Im just cautious that somebody will accuse me of flashing or whatever

Cheers
Nick

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
I have no probs doing it in the open - Im just cautious that somebody will accuse me of flashing or whatever

Cheers
Nick

Fair point Nick!

I believe there are old laws covering this sort of thing.

One that springs to mind is the law that travellers must pee toward the cartwheel, meaning that you should pee towards a tyre if you need to go whilst on a car journey.

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
Im told that if you cry out 'in pain' distinctly three times then its acceptable to go against the nearside tyre or a nearby tree or wall, have my doubts though.

I know that cabbies in london and anybody with a horse drawn vehicle can pee up against thier front nearside wheel because they are not allowed to leave their horse unattended in the street. This is a london byelaw that has never been repealed I beleve, even for todaays cab drivers (Licensed hackney carrages only)

Cheers
Nick

You can pee on a car wheel as long as there's a drum brake needing cooled down.

Don't fancy going in the hammock, my luck I'd miss:eek: .

Never had a problem with getting out at night for a pee, now the other in the middle of the night is a problem( oops din't mean to lower the conversion that far) ,

I'll get me coat.

Tree

Diamond Dave

Mar 2, 2006
Ilkeston
Has anyone used the "TravelJohns" they seem to be good for this purpose. When you pee in it the crystals turn blue and solidify the urine................

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Funnily enough, part of the kit issued to Combat Engineer Tractor Operators was a large oval rubber bladder with a steel cup at the top and a valve at the bottom. In the case of operating in an NBC (or ABC for our european comrades) environment it was used as a pee bottle. The fact that you got to share it with your crewmate was a bit horrible though! I never needed to use one though, as I didn't take training to such extremes!

Bravo4

Nomad
Apr 14, 2009
New Mexico, USA
Too funny. When it's so cold that, while on your back, your exhaled breath rises up, freezes, and then showers your face with tiny ice crystals, it is time for the pee bottle. Next step in the curve is, not dumping it out right away and having a frozen block that refuses to exit the bottle until thawed. I put alot of gross things into my sleeping bag, mainly myself, but no-way no-how does a half full pee bottle join me. One would think that marking the bottle with skull and crossed bones, and XXX would be enough to signify DO NOT DRINK FROM THIS CONTAINER, but if you have roommates who like to borrow your stuff without asking, you might want to label more clearly, or not.
The idea of turing pee into a gel, now that is nasty.

Iona

Nomad
Mar 11, 2009
Ashdown Forest
Haha! Any ladies on here actually tried any of the things on the market to aid us in these situations? a review would be welcome :)

I'm thinking the Spike Milligan hosepipe set-up coupled with a "she-wee" (if they work), could be a real saviour on a freezing, rainy, hungover morning! :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE