patches

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Try this lot. They will put any text you like on their Zap badges.

Alternatively there are several other sources for blood group patches on Google but I haven't seen just a first aid cross anywhere yet.

The closest is this from MBL

ZAP%20RED%20CROSS.jpg

Wildgoose

May 15, 2012
Middlesex
Www.ukkitmonster.com do some, patches are quite popular at the moment. Blood group is a bit of a sticky point, no medical professionals, Nhs, military or mountain rescue etc would ever give bloods without cross matching first no matter what it said on your kit.

Donny732

Nov 25, 2011
Dublin, Ireland

Also, unless you are a military medic, or involved in the provision of medical services to military personnel, or are in the employ of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, then you should not wear or use the Red Cross symbol on any clothing or equipment. It's an internationally protected distinctive emblem. For civilian first aid kits, the most common symbol is a white cross on a green or red background.

Wildgoose

May 15, 2012
Middlesex
If you have a medic alert bracelet or similar alerting medics to an allergy this would not be ignored and a medic wouldn't give you a drug likely to cause further harm. It also aids a first responder in their diagnosis of your illness/injury. ID discs are used more for victim/cas identification than for treatment plans. I don't recall the mod 90 containing blood group info.
Outside of a military operation medics treat ID disks with caution. They became fashionable and often sold on surplus Market stalls, who's to know the info is correct? I have seen pooled armour and webbing with numerous names, numbers and BG types written on. Which one do you trust? Ever brought army surplus or borrowed a mates kit?

Last edited:

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Also, unless you are a military medic, or involved in the provision of medical services to military personnel, or are in the employ of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, then you should not wear or use the Red Cross symbol on any clothing or equipment. It's an internationally protected distinctive emblem. For civilian first aid kits, the most common symbol is a white cross on a green or red background.

I did say it was the closest I had found.

As you say, it's not suitable for this application. Some of those found since are much better.

What I used was a simple cross of leather stitched directly to the pouch I always carry my first aid kit in.

Wildgoose

May 15, 2012
Middlesex
Generally known as 'morale' patches. Designed to have a dig at senior officers who won't ask what they mean. SNAFU anyone?
The leather patch is ideal, as you can feel it in the dark or with vision blurred through injury, smoke or beer!

Last edited:

Donny732

Nov 25, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
I did say it was the closest I had found.

As you say, it's not suitable for this application. Some of those found since are much better.

What I used was a simple cross of leather stitched directly to the pouch I always carry my first aid kit in.

I saw that on your pimped Crusader. It looks great.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE