Pass-Around: iTP A3 EOS Keychain Flashlight from GearUpEurope.com

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
G

GearUpEurope.com

Tony suggested that I consider doing a pass-around. What a great idea!

I'll like to offer a brand new iTP A3 EOS Upgrade Edition Keychain Torch. In my opinion, this is the best AAA keychain flashlight on the market today. The iTP A3 EOS features 3 output levels with a maximum of 80 lumens. Yes, that's 80 lumens on a single AAA battery! And the retail price is actually quite reasonable.

GearUpEurope-iTP-A3-EOS-1.jpg
GearUpEurope-iTP-A3-EOS-2.jpg
GearUpEurope-iTP-A3-EOS-3.jpg

If you are interested in joining the iTP A3 EOS pass-around list, please reply to this post.

The small print:
1) The pass-around is available to Full Members only. If you're not a full member, please consider becoming one. I've met some very friendly and knowledgeable people here, and I've learned a lot just browsing through the forums. The BCUK forum truly deserves your support.

2) I'll send a AAA battery along with the light. I'm sure that the battery will expire before the end of the pass-around. That's no big deal. Just be aware that you might need to supply your own battery.

When it comes back to me:
I'll sell the light here on the forum. 100% of the sale value will go to the charity of the buyer's choice.

So everyone here is a winner. I get some PR, and some reviews. You get to play with a cool light. And someone will get a light just for giving a few euros / pounds to charity.

Enjoy!

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I would be interested in having a look as well, it looks to pack a good punch at 80 lumens and the price is also attractive.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
G4ghb
Shewie
Gailianne
Mesquite
Globetrotter.uk
HillBill

I'd like a look too, i have a mini maglite on my keys at the moment and its pants.

G

GearUpEurope.com

G4ghb - would you please send me a private message or an email to sales@GearUpEurope.com with your shipping address. Let's get this ball rolling.

Tony said that there would be some immediate interest. Great. Here's the list so far:

G4ghb
Shewie
Gailianne
Mesquite
Globetrotter.uk
HillBill

More members are are welcome to sign up. Thanks to everyone so far for your interest.

GearUpEurope-iTP-A3-EOS-4.jpg
GearUpEurope-iTP-A3-EOS-5.jpg

Re: Group buy. If the reviews are positive and there's interest, I'm willing to help out. I'm sure we can push the price lower somehow. I'm open to suggestions too.

lostagain

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2008
Windermere
Thats a good price, sign me up too!

G4ghb
Shewie
Gailianne
Mesquite
Globetrotter.uk
HillBill
Leonidas
Lostagain

G

GearUpEurope.com

I put the iTP A3 EOS in the mail this morning, so the pass-around has officially begun. Thank you to everyone participating.

Please enjoy the light for one week and then pass it on to the next member on the list.

Enjoy.

G

GearUpEurope.com

Now that the torch is in the post, the pass-around list is closed. I reckon that we should be flexible if anyone was on holiday and missed this announcement. I also think that we'll do more pass-arounds in the future.

Please enjoy the light for one week. I trust that everyone will use common sense and good judgment when packaging and mailing the light to the next member. Contact the next member in the list when your time is up. Enough said on this topic.

May I please request that you write up your thoughts in the review section or in this pass-around thread. I'm interested in reading what you have to say about this new keychain light.

Here is the list and the order of recipients:
1. G4ghb
2 . Shewie
3 . Gailianne
4 . Mesquite
5 . Globetrotter.uk
6. HillBill
7. Leonidas
8. Lostagain (this is your member name and not the status of the package, I hope :) )

Please feel free to contact me if there are any questions or help is required.

Thank you.

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Sorry for the enforced delay but on the bright side it gave me LOADS of time to play with it :D

Well I said I'd do a brief review so here it is (with input from swmbo)

• overall I love it - it is small, VERY bright :Wow: and light.

• The fact that it takes redially available AAA batterys is a HUGE plus point!

• I like the fact that you can remove the pocket clip to make it slimmer and easier on the pocket.

• The keyring bit is quite cool - very easy to open but conversely seems well made and unlikely to accidentally open.

• It comes with 2 extra o-rings which is nice as they are rather small and fine and I could see them easily getting damaged if you are careless (in the dark?) changing the battery

• it is easy to change between brightnesses and the max is supprising - I tested it to about 20m and it still illuminated the area well

• The only thing I diddn't like (and to be fair it is a personal thing that I often come accross) is that to turn the torch off you undo the head a little, giving the chance that it can be accidentally turned on. I prefer torches where screwed down tight is off and you undo to turn on as I have found this setup more reliable. This is a small gripe for otherwise a great torch and I don't see it as a reason that will stop me from getting one
    ashamed053611282jy0.gif

So to recap I havn't seen a torch so small and so bright - it's great!

- It will be on it's way to shewie tommorow after the enforced lack of my second home prevented me in getting his addy which was trapped in my PM inbox.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I've been having a bit of a play with it over the weekend and it packs a hell of a punch for such a compact little torch.

I've been rewiring a lighting circuit in the bathroom ceiling, fixing the garden fence when it blew down at midnight on Saturday and having this little guy handy was superb.

Nothing much to add to Grahams thoughts really, great build quality and feels nice and solid in the hand. It did take me a while to work out how to change the brightness settings (which isn't exactly rocket science :rolleyes:).

I'll be treating myself to one anyway.

Stephen - Shall I just hang on to it until the weekend rather than posting ?

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
  • The only thing I diddn't like (and to be fair it is a personal thing that I often come accross) is that to turn the torch off you undo the head a little, giving the chance that it can be accidentally turned on. I prefer torches where screwed down tight is off and you undo to turn on as I have found this setup more reliable. This is a small gripe for otherwise a great torch and I don't see it as a reason that will stop me from getting one
    ashamed053611282jy0.gif
Haven't seen one like this. Any names spring to mind? (the torch not me):lmao:

G

GearUpEurope.com

Just wondering if everything is ok with the iTP A3 keychain torch? I'm not sure where it is at the moment.

I had a customer strongly compliment the light itself, but complain about the keyring. He said that the keyring was too loose and could easily depart from the base. I understand the complaint. Personally I never trust standard keyrings, whether it's the iTP A3 ring or any other ring. I either double up on the standard ring or use a heavier carabiner clasp. Has anybody noticed that after some wear-and-tear the iTP key ring becomes too loose?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE