Paracord Identity

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Pavaise

Aug 27, 2009
Surrey
EBC13-F08-3-D61-4-FAC-A4-CD-6-DB22-ADB55-AF.jpg
Anyone recognise this pattern, I’ve forgotten the name of it and a reverse image search hasn’t shown anything.

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
Can't help with yours, sorry, but are there any online resources for looking up these things?

Reverse image look up is a good idea though!

I've got a mystery paracod too that I think I got at the Bushmoot and I can't for the life of me remember what was special about it (I think I bought it because of it's strength rating, but I'm not sure).

Kav

Nomad
Mar 28, 2021
California
True mil spec paracord will have a serial number on the five inner strands. Aka 550.
A heavy duty version has 7.
Ironically, it is no longer used for
Parachutes.
There is a commercial version in the USA with snare wire, a tinder and should be made from shredded $100 bills. Expensive, but good stuff.
The inner cords are wretched for fishing line and snares!!!!! Btdt in arctic survival school.
The explosion of colors is fun and the reflexive ones excellent for tool lanyards If mislaid.
I keep burning myself melting the ends and become dyslexic throwing knots with it.
I’ve returned to five star- silk Manila. The marijuana term ‘ smoking a rope’ came from sailors actually smoking short plugs of line. This no doubt led to a few buzzed crewmen sinking when the rigging fell short ina storm.
Please don’t hang me for morning humour on a California beach;interrupted by a men’s drumming circle and mutual grooming for lice bonding session over kambucha. I need coffee, or a strong Keemun.

Reactions: SaraR

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE