Adventure starts…

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
YouTube recommended this video to me this morning. I enjoyed it, and I’ve thought about this concept myself in the past. It might be fun to have a go at this next summer, I got to thinking about directions and equipment. So what would you do? Where would you go? And what would you take?

GNJC

Forager
Jul 10, 2005
Carms / Sir Gar
YouTube recommended this video to me this morning. I enjoyed it, and I’ve thought about this concept myself in the past. It might be fun to have a go at this next summer, I got to thinking about directions and equipment. So what would you do? Where would you go? And what would you take?

It's an interesting idea, but there is a potential to irritate others too; I guess that's down to us having a pretty dense population...

As for what to take, a poncho / basha or waterproofs, bivvy bag, doss bag, steel mug, WB and some cash.

demented dale

Dec 16, 2021
hell

enjoyable. i thought x

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
You’d learn fast enough if you were given the opportunity. One of the troubles is that you’d have to learn urban tramping as well, which I guess is a relatively modern skill.

Oh you’ve got to move fast to keep up with the times,
For these days a man cannot daunder.
There’s a bylaw to say you must be on your way,
And another that says you can’t wander.

Ewan MacColl - The Thirty Foot Trailer

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
I think it would be fun to go proper hobo, with realy old fashoned and home made kit.
I know I’ve recommended this book before but it’s well worth repeating in this context.

The Gentle Art of Tramping by Stephen Graham (1926?)

IMG_5822.jpeg

Navaja

Tenderfoot
Apr 1, 2016
Spain/UK

I enjoyed that so watched one, then another of his other vids..
:oops:

Which I thought was amazing but not entirely sure I approve of the "no damage" that's caused to fences & hedges......

Which led to this~ swear wording heck!
Hats off to one of theses lads despite the same fence/hedge stuff.
It's not what it first appears.......

Edit- sorry for them being off-topic. :rolleyes:

Reactions: FerlasDave

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
I did flick through a few of his others, and whilst I think there are some questionable legalities for the most part, I think he’s due some credit for tenacity at least. It’s amazing how dangerous a little bit of knowledge can be!

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
Just got round to watching part two. I enjoyed these episodes although I don’t agree with some of his decisions. Definitely going to have to try something similar come the summer, I’ll take a few more useful bits with me though.

Reactions: Navaja

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE