Panasonic Lumix G1

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

moab

Forager
Apr 26, 2007
UK
I'm thinking of moving from a wet film slr to a digital and liked the look of the lumix G1 (although I suppose its not strictly a DSLR) .Has anyone had any experience or views about this set up?

verloc

Settler
Jun 2, 2008
East Lothian, Scotland
ive played with one of these and I was very impressed, the contrast AF is very snappy (much to my surprise) and the image quality very good at the price. At the end of the day its the next step of the SLR type camera to take, I think its the perfect choice to chuck in a pack for a weekend in the wilds (thanks to its tiny size and very compact lenses). imho a good purchase, and definitely the camera I will be buying for everyday use.

verloc

Settler
Jun 2, 2008
East Lothian, Scotland
ahh yeah the other micro 4/3, i love the look of the new ep1, very retro pen looks. i think the entry price will be quite higher than the G1 tho, still this whole new micro 4/3 approach is certainly intriguing!

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
I use a Panasonic LX3 which gives me really good results and if thats anything to go by the G1 should be even better again. Obviously I can't advise you on the specific camera but I've been very impressed with Panasonic from my camera.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE