Packed for Norway today

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Looks like you're going to have a great time. :bigok:

Can't wait for the pics and write ups

Thats me sit mat mate. Normally goes inside but no room till the food goes down. Could have gone in the front pocket but thats reserved for sundries purchased on arrival lol.

Did you borrow it from John Fenna? :rolleyes:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Whats kind of roll mat is that Cliff?
What is that green bag in front of your Granite gear pack Paul?

Stay safe. Good luck. Looking forward to photos.:)

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Whats kind of roll mat is that Cliff?
What is that green bag in front of your Granite gear pack Paul?

Stay safe. Good luck. Looking forward to photos.:)

Those are Ribz mate. Its a front pack which allows me to add 20l to my loadout. once the food goes down a bit they will be stowed. ill use them as a carryon for the plane with my spare clothes and as a daypack with brew kit when im over there. Good bit of gear

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
So flying into Oslo...how long will it take you to get to your intended location..?
Very envious...wanted to go back to Norway for years..not managed it yet...but will get there again some day...!

Enjoy yourselves guys and like already mentioned can't wait to see the pics and read the write ups when you get back....just be safe and come back with all parts attached ;)

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
So flying into Oslo...how long will it take you to get to your intended location..?
Very envious...wanted to go back to Norway for years..not managed it yet...but will get there again some day...!

Enjoy yourselves guys and like already mentioned can't wait to see the pics and read the write ups when you get back....just be safe and come back with all parts attached ;)

Details of final location are still to be finalised until we all meet in a couple of weeks time to go through the maps. Its all very accessible though

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Looking good chaps. Most of your food is dried then? Are you working to a common menu or catering to individual choice of meals?

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Details of final location are still to be finalised until we all meet in a couple of weeks time to go through the maps. Its all very accessible though
Good thing about that area though is there are several lakes and its stunning forest scenery...good luck hope you lot have an amazing time.:cool:

Chris68

Feb 27, 2011
Norway
Looks good, I like the IKEA drainer idea. I live on the edge of Østmarka, but I've been MTBing in Nordmarka -- lots of nice nature. It's starting to get chilly here; have you considered taking a folding saw or a small ax?

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Just about packed;

I'll take boots instead if it looks snowy, cold or very wet.

Left to right- Montbell down bag, down gilet, rubble sack and clip, 2/3rds down underquilt, Leki poles, Fuji camera, £stretcher hobo with Evernew bailed ti pot inside, 3 pronged spork, Zebralight, party sized wetwipe stash in drybag, Gossamer gear 73l pack and sit pad, tarp with lines, pegs and cord in bag, hammock with straps, FAK, toiletries( Autan, Iodine, Kerosine bottle, soap leaves), Karrimor microfibre towel, Mora Triflex, Source 2l bladder with Webtex purifier, Source 2l liquitainer, Paramo Quito, nobber hat, Klattermusen Gere trews, GPS compass in map bag, Lidl crocs (modded), Inov8 345, Aldi tactel socks, Imco slimline in leather holder on neck lanyard, polyester long sleeve base layer, fleece balaclava, Angora long johns, spare polyester boxers, spare Tactel socks, Karrimor liner gloves, Heat holders socks for the hammock and when washing other socks..

A work in progress;
Malt loaf and porridge to be added, local cheese (Gudbrandsdalen), butter and meat to be added in Norway. All the pasta packs to be put into plastic bags before the trip and spruce them up with some dried veg and herbs.

Porridge and nuts/cereal with dried apple for breakfast. Malt loaf, butter and jam for lunch. Pasta/couscous with full fat milk powder, butter, cheese and meat for dinner. Chocolate for snacking.

Christmas pudding and whiskey for the win. :)

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Great kit all round. The food is intersting, would you anticipate loosing much weight on the trip (serious question).

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Great kit all round. The food is intersting, would you anticipate loosing much weight on the trip (serious question).

Im carrying 2500 cals a day. Im planning a fair amount of walking so would expect to drop half a stove or so over the week. Ive plenty of spare capacity though :eek:

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire

I would think so, hoping to burn off more than I can eat. For a week on this kind of food I'll usually loose 4-6 lbs.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE