Did an overnight on the Pennine Way last week with:

Granite Gear Vapour Trail pack
Kathmandu Tarp
ME lightline sleeping bag
RAB ultralight Bivi
Walking Poles (Leki)
Thermarest Neoair 3/4 mat
BushBuddy
Whitebox stove (No firewood on the moors)
Meths 0.5lt.
Spork
Titanium pot 0.9lt.
Down Gilet
Waterproofs
Spare socks
Water bottle
Food (dehydrated main meals and couscous and porridge)
Fallkniven U1

and, of course, the clothes I was wearing.

If the weather were warmer I'd replace the ME lightline with my Pipedream 400 which is smaller and lighter and if I were sure of getting firewood I'd leave the Whitebox and meths.

My pack was pretty light until I added two days food, water and meths. Difficult to cut down in this area so that's why I try to make everything else so light.

This, of course, is a walking set-up. If I were going into the woods, setting up camp and staying the night, I'd take different stuff, including axe, knife, and other stuff to keep me amused. (A catty, my iPod, my Kindle, bow and arrows....:))

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
Thanks everyone! i'd love to have alot of that kit, its going on the wishlist :p

Just got in from a overnighter and i took:
Rucksack
Tarp with bungee cords
2 Season sleeping bag
Roll mat
Tatonka billy
Hexi blocks
Wind up torch
First aid kit
Spare shirt
Brown pasta, beans in pour and store bag, boil in the bag rice, coco pops and milk and alot of coffee(3 in 1)
2ltr platypus bottle
Bark river knife
spork
fire lighting kit (fire steel, striker, lighter, storm mathces, cotton balls and char cloth)
Paracord
Folding mug
Toothbrush and toothpaste
Bandanna
Pot grip
Opinel knife
and the dc4 stone :)

Got up around half 5 as woken in light rain, re lit the fire and got into the coco pops with a nice coffee :)

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
How'd the new pack treat you?.....

superbly TBH. i've done one overnight trip with a couple mile walk there and back, and then a good long walk up and down the hills and valleys round home, it's done pretty well throughout. it's not a perfect bag but a few simple mods should help to get rid of some of the bigger issues, all in all i'm really pleased with it mate

cheers

stuart

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
This is the kit I am taking for a two nighter in the Lakes in a few days time.
http://thesecretcamper.blogspot.com/2011/05/lightweight-backpacking-loadout.html
i had a very similar outing as described in your blog link there, lake district also, 4 niter was called off after only a few hours, it was snow and wet that did us in. going up the waterproof gear went wrong badly, and then all the wet clothes we had on started to freeze up, then heavy snow fell and settled. always include kit for worst case scenario! and don't cut corners with crucial gear!

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
iv recently been doing more back to basics so natural shelters etc so here goes my entire contents in the recent warm weather
karrimore sabre 45
small forest axe
laplander
bushy knife
legal folder
firesteel
crusader cup
12 inch billy can
mess tin
hand made spoon
head torch
binos
mill bank bag
shemag
tea towel
sleep mat
blanket
spoon knife

think thats about it except food loo roll etc
cheers ash

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
You don't do a lot of cooking then? Just using gas, I'd need more than that for a weekend. :)

i've seen your cooked breakfasts, i'm suprised that you don't need more than that for a morning never mind a weekend!

stuart

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE