outdoorcode problems

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mikehill

Andrew was on BB yesterday. He's had problems with his broadband connection and has been trying to fix it, now sorted apparently. Doesn't explain other methods of communication not working ... he seems to have been great in the past though. Lets hope it's just a short delay ;)

P

philG

Well another week and still no kit or response to two e-mails and three phone calls-always the answer phone.--All I want is to know what is going on, if hes out of stock I don't mind waiting a bit longer but its nearly a month now .

Phil

AndyW

Nomad
Nov 12, 2006
Essex
You could try a PM but he hasn't been on here since 06/07.

British Blades might be worth a go. I can't get on from work but you could PM him there as well.

Andy

giancarlo

Oct 5, 2003
Jersey, Channel Islands
Same here mate :(
But I did manage to get hold of him a few days ago.

Said he's been having router problems and can't get online ( didn't have my phone number so couldn't call me), and my order should have arrived by now ( it hasn't and he's lost the tracking number), so said he would send out a replacement the next day.

I really need my order for the Moot (has my Tatonka Tarp in it), ordered it all a month in advance to make sure i had it all here and had a chance to play with it before I left. Just hope it's here before I go now :(

However, I did have a missed parcel today tho... So I hope that's it!

Cheers
Carlo

3Please

Forager
Jan 3, 2007
London
Been 2 months since I placed an order. After the first month I eventually got hold of him and he said the order had been posted, but again nothing to prove that, but he sent one part of the order out which I got a couple of days later., But now it's 2 months on, I can;t make contact and still haven't had the rest of the order.

TO make things worse, I can't log a complaint with paypal and recover my funds as they says they don't deal with missing part orders, on full orders.

I am a bit annoyed especially since there were so many recommendations from this site about Outdoor Code. I am going to write to the company the old fashioned way see if I can get any joy that way.

Even if he had router problems, it only involves new parts, a phone call or a technician to put a link on the site or shut it down if unable to fulfill orders or meet commitments. It is unfair to be taking peoples money and not doing anything to keep people informed of what is going on.

If Andrew can't meet with demand, it might be an idea to withdraw the shop for a little bit and post up here so we aren't left wondering what is going on.

Mad rant over for now, but will post if I get any response from a letter.

Cheers
Adam

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
3 please - you can put a claim through on your credit card if you paid with PayPal and the amount is above your CCs threshold

Red

Nightwalker

Native
Sep 18, 2006
Cornwall, UK.
www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk
3Please; you've got a point.. Blaming it on router issues sounds a bit sus; I've sell items online and I've had net-downtime, but that shouldnt get in the way of you checking on your business, there's free WiFi points, internet-cafe's, libraries even college's that provide free internet access. Someone running a business should strive to contact customers if he's having problems. It sounds like he has got problems, demand, suppliers, who knows, but either way I hope he's not just making excuses and is actually trying to develop to meet demand or get better suppliers etc.

It is a shame because myself having only good experiences from outdoorcode I used to recommend it to everyone, but having read what I have from others now I wont be able to do that :(

Jul 20, 2007
Birmingham
Not just me then with this Mr Easby Outdoorcode business.
I ordered on the 25th June, my money was taken the same time...nothing.
I've e-mailed 5 times,phoned 3 times, texted and even e-mailed the eBay shop he has, which seems to be up and running !! (the phone number is the same there too). But still no reply.
A courtesy call goes a long way.
I've even taken the steps of tracing Andrews home address with a view to swing past and knock his door for a refund.
Andrew if you're reading this, it might be an idea to freeze the website for a bit, stop taking peoples money (that's fraud), and get ahead of yourself.
Like I said a courtesy call goes a long way.
I'm beginning to get a bit restless now,sadly.

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
Not just me then with this Mr Easby Outdoorcode business.
I ordered on the 25th June, my money was taken the same time...nothing.
I've e-mailed 5 times,phoned 3 times, texted and even e-mailed the eBay shop he has, which seems to be up and running !! (the phone number is the same there too). But still no reply.
A courtesy call goes a long way.
I've even taken the steps of tracing Andrews home address with a view to swing past and knock his door for a refund.
Andrew if you're reading this, it might be an idea to freeze the website for a bit, stop taking peoples money (that's fraud), and get ahead of yourself.
Like I said a courtesy call goes a long way.
I'm beginning to get a bit restless now,sadly.

Nice first post :banghead:
Did you join the forum just to rant about a transactuion that has nothing to do with BCUK ?
:rolleyes:

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Adam-skinning.jpg

Anyone who knows Andrew knows he is one of the good guys, that's him on the right teaching Adam how to skin a rabbit at a recent meet up.

Personally I am concerned about his well being. He has not been on this site in over a fortnight nor has he been on BB for over a week. Added to that he missed a meet up I know he wanted to attend last weekend.

His last communication over on BB explained that he was having problems and nothing since.

His website is not fully functional, there are pictures missing, and his answer phone is obviously jammed with calls.

Having said all this, a BB poster says he has received his order this week so he is obviously still trying to fulfil his order book.

I know lots of people from this site that Andrew has trusted with equipment to be paid for later and quite a few who he has been more than generous to. It saddens me to see how fast the vultures descend when there is the slightest sniff of trouble on the air.

How about cutting the guy a little slack instead of trying to ruin his good name.

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
In my experience Andrew has been one of the good guys. Honest and pretty quick. I myself have suffered some serious IT issues this year that has cost me a fortune in lost business and hours of work.

It can be very hard for a small business to catch up when there is some sort of issue.

I hope Andrew is able to post a better explanation of events. Perhaps he does need to close a few functions on his site until he can full fill his back log.

3Please

Forager
Jan 3, 2007
London
I am definitely wasn;t trying to ruin anyones name or reputation, but needed rant after two months and no products or ability to contact.

I am well aware of his reputation as I placed the order of the recommendation of the members of this site.

To clarify a point though, in the letter I am writing to Andrew I will be offering any help I can with regards to IT stuff if it is going to help sort the problem out if that what it is.

If the problem is a health issue, then that is a different ball game, but I would like to know what to be expecting.

I sincerely hope that it is an issue that can and will quickly be rectified and that he will be able to continue to provide the service he has provided to all the previous 100000 or more satisfied customers.

I apologise if my rant appeared OTT, but I thought it was reasonable enough to air the view.

Cheers

Adam

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
I am definitely wasn;t trying to ruin anyones name or reputation, but needed rant after two months and no products or ability to contact.

I am well aware of his reputation as I placed the order of the recommendation of the members of this site.

To clarify a point though, in the letter I am writing to Andrew I will be offering any help I can with regards to IT stuff if it is going to help sort the problem out if that what it is.

If the problem is a health issue, then that is a different ball game, but I would like to know what to be expecting.

I sincerely hope that it is an issue that can and will quickly be rectified and that he will be able to continue to provide the service he has provided to all the previous 100000 or more satisfied customers.

I apologise if my rant appeared OTT, but I thought it was reasonable enough to air the view.

Cheers

Adam

Adam

If i had handed over good money and was unable to contact the vendor for 2 months I would be getting stressed too.

Everyone understands your frustration.

Bushcraft4life

Settler
Dec 31, 2006
London
Echo at Waylands post, well said mate :You_Rock_ .

Ruining a good name seems to me exactly where these threads are heading, even if people ranting on don't want that affect.

Andrew is trying to run outdoorcode on his todd, no help ect its all him, thats quite hard when you have a website that is extremely well known and one that has a fantastic reputation as well as being one of the cheapest websites to get good quality gear.

If i had handed over my hard earned cash i would want my kit too so i understand peoples frustration.

I am sure that whatever has happened with some peoples orders Andrew is doing his best to rectify the situation, but plastering his name on BCUK to ill affect isn't going to make your orders come faster.

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
How about cutting the guy a little slack instead of trying to ruin his good name.

This is only my observation: I've not bought anything off Outdoorcode, I have no axe to grind with him and up until resently have only heard very good things about him on any of the forums I frequent, however, in the last couple of months I have heard more and more stories about lack of communication and none/very late posting of orders.
While I very much appricated Andrew may be having problems (I run my own company too and know that things don't always go to plan) and I've heard rumour of ill health he must see that his "good name" is rapidly going down the pan! Nobody wants to see this and everybody wishes Andrew all the best but he is running a business and if he doesn't do something about it then his business will be no more.

Most people are reasonable and if kept informed will ride out any problems Andrew might be having but no contact leaves people with no option but to think the worst. All that is required is for Andrew (or a close friend on his behalf) to make a single statement copied and pasted onto all the regular forums he uses, here, BB, BES etc to explain what is going on and advising that no new orders are being taken until the current issues are sorted out.

I understand what you mean Weyland and agree to a point, however, as I say...this is a business he is running and although the "vultures" do not help his cause it is actually Andrew himself that is "ruining his own good name".

I hope everything works out for the best and Andrew is able to get back on top of his game in the near future.

All the best,

Bam. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE