Outdoor Survival,sas survival techniques by John Lofty Wiseman

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
Not seen the film, where can you see/get it.

Got Lofty to sign my copy of his SAS Survival book though, got to take a trip to see him soon, got a review of his knife he may like to read.

LS

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
ludlowsurvivors said:
Not seen the film, where can you see/get it.

Got Lofty to sign my copy of his SAS Survival book though, got to take a trip to see him soon, got a review of his knife he may like to read.

LS
Ask Lofty about it and see about buying copies!

11binf

Forager
Aug 16, 2005
Phx. Arizona U.S.A
hey clem :i have the film ..i got the film in the american V.H.S. format about 15plus years ago,when i was in the army...it has lofty and another gentleman giving the information in an intervue type format....also has lofty with his survival tin and survival pouch...its with his survival tin that he begins the film....i used to show all my soldiers this film when we did survival training.....a very good film.....vince g. 11b inf......

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
11binf said:
hey clem :i have the film ..i got the film in the american V.H.S. format about 15plus years ago,when i was in the army...it has lofty and another gentleman giving the information in an intervue type format....also has lofty with his survival tin and survival pouch...its with his survival tin that he begins the film....i used to show all my soldiers this film when we did survival training.....a very good film.....vince g. 11b inf......
Sounds interesting matey.I would like to watch this some time.Hope to pick up a copy.

wingstoo

May 12, 2005
South Marches
Clem,

Went around to see John tonight, dropped off one of British reds' knife reviews he did on the Wiseman survival knife, asked about his video and he is going to have a look to see if he has any left, if he can't find one he knows where he can get one to copy for me. Left him my phone number so he can get back to me when he has managed to get one sorted,

LS

lardbloke

Nomad
Jul 1, 2005
Torphichen, Scotland
Lofty is one of my old mentors, one of the thousands he trained way back when (not the specials). Glad to see he is still well.

There are quite a few interesting bushcrafty type stuff on that google site, just pop in survival into the search.

If you want to download the said google film files, have a read of this (genuine not pirate):

http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/2006/04/download-google-videos-as-avi-files.html

There is a little discussion below the main information if you get stuck.

scanker

Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
I enjoyed that video - Duncan Dares takes me back. It was quite amusing too - "that sword you gave me" referring to the survival knife! :D

lardbloke

Nomad
Jul 1, 2005
Torphichen, Scotland
The scene where Peter improvises a set of ear defenders from an old pair of socks stuffed into his hat and after day 6 where he is fantasising about food, finds a wild strawberry but is so small he squashes it and you hear a whimpered moan made me chuckle.....pure gold.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE