Outdoor lighters

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
Bought one that *looked* like a blazer from a local tobbaconists for £9 quid, it was indeed crap. It worked for about a couple of months, then stuff started falling off tyhe thing.

Martyn

Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
Got a couple ordered, not the delta "hand grenade" but the regular "zippo" stlye, a little neater and more functional IMO. Much cheaper than Hiennie too.

Check out...
http://uk.geocities.com/outdoorsuppliesuk/Windmill.html

Site belongs to Joe from ODS (Joe, hope you dont mind me posting that page, I know it wasn't really for public consumption?) and he's a member here as well as BritishBlades, very good service, very cheap too. ;)

bigjackbrass

Nomad
Sep 1, 2003
Leeds
Re the Windmill lighters, why on earth does such a rugged-looking lighter come in such a range of easy to lose colours? Zippo used to make an outdoors series (mainly different from the rest because of the small picture of a campfire on it, presumably so you can assure nervous types that you use it for real manly stuff and you're not going to do anything awful, such as light a cigarette with it) and one of the colour options was bright orange, probably the only really sensible choice I've seen. Not sure if they still make that one, though. I recall seeing a gift pack of a Maglite and Zippo, both in DPM camo, and my immediate thought was how many of those must be out there littering the forest floors of the world, misplaced by their owners.

Martyn

Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
Funny you should say that BJB, these are the two I have on order....

362-0006.jpg

Glow in the dark (or is it neon green?)

and..
362-0034.jpg

Bright orange ... :wink: :-D

robs

Sep 3, 2003
Gloucestershire
Yep

Brought one in department store for £10 about 2 years ago very solid in construction (metal lid and body), the burner is still going strong. It saw daily use when I smoked.

The only thing I would say is the paint finish is gone but the mirror is still in good condition

Rob :-D

bigjackbrass

Nomad
Sep 1, 2003
Leeds
If fifteen quid is too high for this then do you happen to know of other suppliers? An internet search kept turning up the same place, at the same price of course, and I've never seen one locally.

Martyn

Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com

bigjackbrass

Nomad
Sep 1, 2003
Leeds
A bit of hunting turned up a Colibri Firebird Quantum locally, for about eleven quid. Looks perfect as an all-purpose, always-in-the-pocket lighter, although the "flameless" design probably makes it rather less effective in extremis than the Blazer or Windmill, and I'd say it seems a bit less rugged too. I also found a lighter shaped like a pair of breasts, but thankfully things are not yet so extreme that I'd need to resort to that.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE