Out and about recently

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Hi all,

Its been a while since i posted in this section so about time i posed a few pics.

We only managed to get out for a one nighter and were after some bunnies. Unfortunately although there were a few active sets they were borderline active so no joy, good job we brought some chicken
I was also after some hazel for some new arrows so we had a few things on the list besides just staring at the fire and drinking rum. Who knows someone may see something they are interested in.

I made a new cross draw sheath for my old damascus bushy so it was also a good time to test it out. In normal cirumstances it would have been great, however i way lying on my front waiting for the bunnies so it wasnt the best time to test it

Some old shelters.
Picture005.jpg

Usual setup except its now hammock weather ! (few degrees above freezing good enough)
Picture008.jpg

Action shot, me in my dads old hat, mate said it looked like a fire dance
Picture011.jpg

Quick snack, sausage and tomatoe butties.
Picture019.jpg

Tea, chicken kebabs (green hazel sticks)
Picture026.jpg

Shooting spot.
Picture021.jpg

Spooky shot
Picture024.jpg

New try out cross draw sheath, needs edging and polishing but i can rarely be bothered if its just for me :)
IMAG0175.jpg

Cheers all.

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
They are ok for short range work out to 20/25 yards. I had the Ratcatcher with the small cannisters for a bit. I used it for popping the rats down at the local park. They were getting brave and coming out when it was busy taking food that people left for the ducks etc, the keeper wanted them gone.

How many shots do you get from a king?

Scope AGS??

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
I would say 20 yards to be on the safe side and best on a new canister. I believe this one has been tweaked a little so it puts out the full 12lbs, however that does lessen the ammount of shots from one canister.

No idea on the scope though i didnt look, will check for you next time.

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
I would say 20 yards to be on the safe side and best on a new canister. I believe this one has been tweaked a little so it puts out the full 12lbs, however that does lessen the ammount of shots from one canister.

No idea on the scope though i didnt look, will check for you next time.

A 12ft/lbs ratty?? Nice. That would be good out to 30/35 yards if the shooter was a fairly good shot. Do you get any muzzle flip/twitch with the extra power?

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
That would be good out to 30/35 yards if the shooter was a fairly good shot.

There in lies the problem :eek: I didnt notice any problems with the shot but its been a long time since i shot an air rifle.
I was able to group 10 shots in about the size of a 10 pence piece at about 20-25 so i was confident to shoot. Any further and i would have struggled which isnt fair to the quarry. Being so close was probably the reason we didnt see anything but it didnt matter.

Yeah shewie that kettle has seen some action ! Redkite popped a handle on it last time he was down, perfect job it was too. Now its weathered it looks the part.

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
There in lies the problem :eek: I didnt notice any problems with the shot but its been a long time since i shot an air rifle.
I was able to group 10 shots in about the size of a 10 pence piece at about 20-25 so i was confident to shoot. Any further and i would have struggled which isnt fair to the quarry. Being so close was probably the reason we didnt see anything but it didnt matter.

Yeah shewie that kettle has seen some action ! Redkite popped a handle on it last time he was down, perfect job it was too. Now its weathered it looks the part.

As long as you can put 10 shots within an inch circle at the distance and from the position you plan to shoot, then you are what i would call a good shot. The distance from the warren makes no difference if you are downwind, quiet and not skylined. You just have to bear in mind that rabbits are nocturnal for the most part, with frequent activity at dawn/dusk. If you see one during the day then you are lucky. They are out in daylight hours they just remain as hidden as they can. Just after rain is the best time during the day as they come out to drink the water off the grass.

I do like the kettle too. :)

OldFingersGreen

Forager
Jan 30, 2009
Manchester
great pics, had a ratcatcher for a while myself (not the king) great for anything up to rabbits, but only within about 20yds. got rid of it within a month, just didn't like the feel and look of the thing. swapped it for a little cash and a slightly less powerful springer BSA meteor. ive kept that since because its light and looks gorgeous (and ive owned about 5 of them so im a little bias ;) )

the kettle looks just like one my grandma used to use.

where abouts were you?

warbzz

Jan 20, 2008
cheshire
hi people

i'am dwardos friend thats my rifle her names "BAD BIATCH"
that is a AGS scope worth about the same as rifle.
you get 150 shots per canister but i change mine after 80-90 you can tell the difference in power an accuracy.
i seen dwardo snap a stick from 32 yards,stick was less than a inch thick its the stick near rabbit hole on pic great shot.

was a warm night bout 3 degrees an the rum made it 10+ was almost naked had a big beer coat on ;)

them kebabs were quality but i would like to try the oven with hot stones leg of lamb maybe next time.

the woods in llangollen wales

Picture013.jpg

Picture012.jpg

Picture017.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE