Outbacker Firebox stove.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TBJ

Nov 13, 2023
Norolk UK
Hi All.

We have used outbacker stoves for some time now and have just purchased a Firebox to use when out and about and also outside in our garden for cooking on. My query is that with all our stoves we have had after a few burns we are always having to clean the chimmney as it gets blocked very quickly and we get smoke and not much draw, we are using seasoned wood (mostly Ash) with a small amount of kindling to get it started so any ideas or solutions greatly appreciated.

TBJ

Reactions: QT0

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Do you keep the fire burning low with the air flow tamped down?
The flu is a small diameter so can coke up much faster if there isn't a good air flow.
I find that I have to give mine a clean out every few burns if I keep it tamped down low. Perhaps try opening up the air flow and dampers a bit when you add new logs to get them realy burning off any moisture and gasses that may be lurking in them.
I have a aged anvey and a new outbacker, (as yet only one burn to get it bedded in) plus my home woodburner. I find I have to open the air vent on the home woodburner to at least 50% or the glass will blacken, that means it's not burning at optimum. So try keeping the air vent open a bit more. See how that goes. But these small stoves do need a regular degunk of the flue. It's annoying, but I don't realy know how to advise you other than that.
Good luck.
If you find the perfect solution let us know.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE