Our Camp & First Post Hello!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Junglist

May 30, 2011
Kent
Hi everyone,

Been camping out and travelling in the wild since I was a kid and Army Cadets got me hooked.
Now in my 30's myself and some friends are enjoying some wild camping.
We went away for 4days and 3 nights a couple of weeks ago and had a blast.
I've only just really found this forum, and it's so interesting to see other peoples kit and ideas, so thanks everyone for that.

Just thought I'd share our camp with you.
I have to say, it's an old farmed pine woodland that has been left for years and is now used by walkers, campers and dog walkers.
The floor is so comfy to sleep on, it just seems like feet of pine needles, it is also a bonus for wood, as the older established trees don't let the smaller ones take, and with the soft, soft floor, once the trees get too heavy they simply fall over and eventually rot.
So the floor is literally littered with firewood & building materials!!!
So using what was on the floor, we made our camp by cutting up the dead wood into a hut, bench and shelter.

Here's a picture...

IMAG0071.jpg

On the left you can see the hut I slept in, on the right is a small arched shelter for my two tree dwelling friends to sit under, and bottom you can see the back rest for the bench.
The fire pit was filled in after and no trace left, the reason for the elongated pit, was that we could have a nice fire going, and slide over some coals to the other side where we had a small grill to cook some lovely kebabs :)

Anyway, thanks for the ideas & I hope to post more & become part of this community over time.

Jung

pauljm116

Native
May 6, 2011
Rainham, Kent
Just noticed that youre in Kent too, Im in Rainham in the Medway towns. Just wondering whereabouts you are and if youd be willing to share the location of your woodland as it looks ideal for wild camping, one of my favourite pasttimes but cant find anywhere to do it so am having to go to wilder camping sites instead.

Paul

Junglist

May 30, 2011
Kent
Just noticed that youre in Kent too, Im in Rainham in the Medway towns. Just wondering whereabouts you are and if youd be willing to share the location of your woodland as it looks ideal for wild camping, one of my favourite pasttimes but cant find anywhere to do it so am having to go to wilder camping sites instead.

Paul

I'm in a little farm village between Hythe and Ashford which is at the end of the south downs, so I'm lucky that there are lots of public rights of way and woods to walk around here, Just been on a long walk over the roughs and had a nice cup of coffee.....

IMAG0099.jpg

IMAG0100.jpg

IMAG0111.jpg

IMAG0114.jpg

IMAG0108.jpg

pauljm116

Native
May 6, 2011
Rainham, Kent
I'm in a little farm village between Hythe and Ashford which is at the end of the south downs, so I'm lucky that there are lots of public rights of way and woods to walk around here, Just been on a long walk over the roughs and had a nice cup of coffee.....

My Nan lives in Hythe just near the canal, so know the roughs well as I spent most summers down there when I was a kid, happy times! Youre a lucky man with all that on your doorstep.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE