Ordering compasses online

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goliath

Forager
Jun 19, 2006
Netherlands
I need a new compass. After reading reviews and such, I decided that it will either be a Silva Guide 426 Orange or a Silva Ranger CL 515.
However, Silva is really hard to come by here in the Netherlands. I found a store that can sell me the CL 515, but it's super expensive.

I normally order gear, equipment and whatnot from around the world. But somehow, I don't really feel comfortable ordering a compass online. I want it to be reliable of course, and a little piece in the back of my brain tells me that it's better to buy at a brick-and-mortar store rather than a web store. Just like the fact that I don't order any climbing gear online either (or second hand for that matter).

What do you guys recommend? Should I stop whining and order online (where?) or keep on looking for a Silva retailer? (Everything is Recta over here, and I've read some bad things about them).

Cheers!

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE