Optimums 111 Stove

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Ok this is probably a message for rik_uk3 :p

Do you know if its possible to buy a refurb kit for one of these stoves, or if there is anything specific I need to check before I put one into service? I'm assuming petrol is the fuel of choice in them?

Cheers

Matt

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
You can get the seals and some spares from base-camp.co.uk I refurbed one a while back and replaced the pump washer, and tank lid seals - and the gasket around the flame adjuster valve. - Don't know if there's a 'kit' as such - I bought the parts seperately

they also have some useful exploded view diagrams for getting the part numbers.

ref. the fuel Rik will know more, but I believe there are diffent versions of the 111 - the one I have burns parafin, but i believe there are petrol and multifuel versions with different suffixes e.g. 111b, 111t etc.

HTH
Steve

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Matt the fuel depends on what model you have, there are dedicated paraffin and petrol/Coleman fuel types, these have the roarer burner fitted (no domed cap on the burner). If you have the roarer type then the paraffin burner has four tubes under the burner, two tubes and its the petrol version.

The 'silent' burner type with the domed cap is the multifuel and will take paraffin or panel wipe/Aspen 4T or petrol, but petrol stinks and the additives are not good for you and will clog up the burner much much quicker than with the other cleaner fuels. You can burn meths in them with the addition of a restrictor tube and new jet but they don't burn as hot and IMHO is not worth the trouble.

Look on ebay for primus stove and you often see leather pump buckets from a Turkish seller, he is a great bloke and the seals are second to none, I think he charges a fiver for five including delivery; other parts from base-camp. Great stoves, give me a shout if you need any other help.

Multifuel here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVXZrNWY6GE

Roarer type here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZplVoS6oR-s

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
111 has four tubes to the burner runs on Kero /Paraffin after pre heating with meths
111B has two tubes to the burner and runs on leaded petrol / colman fuel / Panel wipe
111T runs on petrol , kero, and alcohol with a restricter fitted and a change of jet .

All refurb bits can be had from Basecamp in the UK ,

Look on CCS for loads of info on this classic stove , rebuild one you wont regret it

http://www.spiritburner.com/fusion/fusionbb.php?

Twodogs

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Cheers for that guys, its the 111 - tubes (same as the back one in your vid Rik). I'll get it cleaned up and refurb'ed and get some pics posted.

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
You anoying people.:(
I need to get a 111 now dont I. didn't before i read all the posts lately :D

Should be great though for family/car camping, and has loads more character than modern stoves, and if the canister runs out you can get a fuel from many more places. Looks well built too.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE