Opinel folding saw

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Teno

Tenderfoot
Dec 12, 2007
Argentina
Hello there, long time since last posting!!!

Has anyone got some experience on this Opinel saw ??

WB-120SAW.jpg

In the only decent one (and modest, Sandvik here cost 70 us dollars) that found.

Thanks,

Marcelo, from Argentina

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
They are OK,
but need to have the varnish scraped off the wood to be comfortable. The blades are thin and do not take well to heavy handed abuse, they bend easily. The small ones have a better locking mechanism than the large ones with their wire loop system.

HTH

Ogri the trog

i like the smaller one (says size 12 on the ring) and have had it for a couple of years. used in the garden and building hides cutting fire wood. good thing - get one and a bit of sand paper to get the varnish off, nasty stuff.

dave

Peter_t

Native
Oct 13, 2007
East Sussex
looks a bit small to me:eek: larger saws have more potential imo and will last longer as the stresses on the blade are spread over a larger area.
but then again it is pocket sized... personal preference i gess

pete

Teno

Tenderfoot
Dec 12, 2007
Argentina
The problem here is the very big prices. I will take the Opinel and will make some sort of review and tests...
Thanks a lot!!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE