Open invitation arctic meet 2017

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Cool. I want to go to the North Wood meet in December... will give me a chance to test my gear in a familiar environment.

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
I have never been mate. Some of us are going to the Caringorms below the tree line to test tents stoves and kit though. It should be a good test of kit and should be -10 or below i hope.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
For anyone that's short of kit and doesn't mind hiring ( I know, money thrown away ) THIS site has lots of nice gear, 2 week hire on all prices but longer terms are available, just thought I would mention it, I'm going to fill my gaps by using them :)

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
What are you short Al???

Short on a few bits of clothing and want to add a few bits as well, I'll know closer to the time, but kit bags, trousers/salopettes with braces, some more merino base layers, a few bits and pieces but it's mounting up, the more I go through kit the more it's changing, I would rather have it there than be wanting it, if you know what I mean :)

EDIT: and I'm going for the Exped 9 from there as well :)

Last edited:

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
I do mate. I was not going to bother with wool trousers but ended up getting 2 pairs. Not megga exspencive but as you say all adding up. Swedish army wool trousers. I will end up looking like im on a Swedish exercise...😂😂😂😂😂😂

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Well looks like practice is coming, 20 miles away to the west
11937063dd94163f584c60b94fd9cbee.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Hate to resurrect an old subject, but it seems I may be in the running for transporting my car on a freight liner to Norway.... a day on a boat and a day of driving... I may avoid dragging round bags and pulks after all.

Turns out there are no passenger ships, but if you're willing to share a ship with the truckers, and do without a licensed bar, there is a way to travel on a boat.

I'm buying a new car this month, its a 4x4, so I reckon I might be driving to site, or as near as I can get.

Reason I bring it up, its easier for me to transport gear than shoving it on a plane, so once everything is confirmed... might be wise to add some cargo to the Dewi-mobile.

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Are you sure mate, I thought we ALL thrashed this out and agreed it was easier by plane, if your mind is set though, I won't be giving you any gear though as if you miss the rendezvous for what ever reason I'll be missing kit that I need mate.

EDIT: So what's the thinking, to meet us at Gallivare on the morning of the 24th and follow us or you could park up at Gallivare and catch the minibus with us, the car will be safe and we all travel in together ?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
If thats the way you want to do it Dewi, its up to you.

Im messing around with my baggage what to put where, checking straps etc. Weight will be going at the back. But you can see that my toboggan bag doesnt hang over the edges causing drag. There'll be another depolyment bag to put on, maybe 2.

IMG_1542%20-%20Version%202_zpso5sswbmk.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_1533_zpssz4d0eh5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Attachments

• IMG_1542 - Version 2.jpg
    IMG_1542 - Version 2.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Just been looking at the Jokkmokk campsite's website, not sure on availability but they have 6 berth cabins for rent at +/- £100 per night with showers tv etc, not sure if they'll have any available though, Dave, did you already check this ?

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Just been looking at the Jokkmokk campsite's website, not sure on availability but they have 6 berth cabins for rent at +/- £100 per night with showers tv etc, not sure if they'll have any available though, Dave, did you already check this ?

No. I didnt ask about 6 berth cabins. But she did say every cabin is already booked for the 2018 market as well...

Yeh, its nice and secure. Just have to figure out whats going where.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE