Open invitation arctic meet 2017

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
I may have a go at a pulk. Wont cost that much to be fare.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Depends on what you go with for the body, but even if you go with the better one ( I forget the terminology ) it wasn't too bad in the link, sub £90 iirc, then the bits and bobs maybe another £40 -£50 ?

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Depends on what you go with for the body, but even if you go with the better one ( I forget the terminology ) it wasn't too bad in the link, sub £90 iirc, then the bits and bobs maybe another £40 -£50 ?
Do you mean the roll up type Al. Im thinking of the rigid pulk plastic body type with solid poles.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
The one I bought from Martin is a rigid type. I'm half tempted to make a mould with it before we go... at least if it gets damaged (or worse, lost) I can make another when I get back.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
This is the pulk, complete with an Ikea trolley... somewhat ironic I'll be taking an Ikea product to Sweden :D

pulk-1.jpg

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Im going to use 2 of these with rigid poles so it should turn better in the snow. Or i can tie them tight and make it more rigid.

5fe30e878447cdc0f3556c83c6ef36d5.jpg

Last edited:

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Its only 100 cm long and i have 2 bags about that. Pluss they should stack together for transport. I plan to put a system in for a set of wheels in case we have to use a road so it wont wear through. Like Waylands did on his trip. Duck tape as back up though.

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
That is nice Dewi, if like Dave says, ski's etc (sports equipment) go free and you can get a bag big enough and then load the bag, you may have a nice touch :)

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Dragging two pulks is going to be really rather hard... is there not a way you can modify one by cutting a central section from the other... make a longer pulk? If you're modifying for wheels, it is about the same amount of work to extend and support to make one big pulk instead of daisy chaining them and making your life hard for the big pull.

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Dragging two pulks is going to be really rather hard... is there not a way you can modify one by cutting a central section from the other... make a longer pulk? If you're modifying for wheels, it is about the same amount of work to extend and support to make one big pulk instead of daisy chaining them and making your life hard for the big pull.
I dont think having 2 will change any thing as the first one will clear or rather flatten the path for the second and they will be close. Only an inch or 2 appart so would make turning a little tighter.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Whereabouts are you Lanny? If we're geographically close, maybe we could do some mods to yours based on what I have... or even use the mould I'm making to match up with what you have. Dunno... but dragging the two will be more difficult than one. You could always test it in Scotland.

I considered the wheel mod, but then Martin gave me the Ikea trolley. A whole lot easier.

Are any of you considering the North Wood meet in December... I want to go to test my kit and the guys who attend are very knowledgeable.. best of everything in those woods, one of my favourite places.

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Hmmmm you have me thinking now...🤔🤔🤔🤔

Might look see if there are any bigger sledges.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Another way might be (sorry I get all weirdy thinking about stuff like this) is that you could stack both bags on top of each other, then put the additional sled on top. Strap the two together, you have a pod like system on the go :D

Or when Al is not looking, hook your sled to Al's sled... he'll never know. :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE