Only room for one under the tarp!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
This is just a little bit of photo fun in a bushcraft/lightweight backpacking theme!

3341626475_27fb7f33f3_o.jpg

With 4 pairs of hands, camp was set up pretty damn fast, but there was a big fight :argue: for the space under the tarp when the rain started!

I won the fight and got to eat the cake and drink the tea :D

3341618709_d411b8f3ec.jpg

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
That took me a while to figure out what was odd about that picture :rolleyes:

How could you manage a shot like that with a digital camera? Your's looks very clean

Good of your brothers to lend a hand

Clever stuff mate, nice one

:) The buggers weren't happy when I scoffed all the cake!

I've heard of Woodlore Clones but......:lmao: :lmao:

:D Maybe I should start selling myself on ebay :eek:

Reminds me of when I learnt to do multiple exposures with my Pentax ME Super, holding down the shutter button whilst winding it on!

I'm trying to work out how this worked - did it just reset the shutter mechanism without actually winding on the film? I seem to remember breaking the shutter doing something similar on my extremely basic Practika many years ago. D'oh!

Nice one Simon....:D

I'd thought of a campfire scene along the same lines but looks like you beat me to it.
fireside.gif

:nana: Gary, please still go ahead and do it! I'd love to see what you come up with!

That took me a while to figure out what was odd about that picture :rolleyes:

How could you manage a shot like that with a digital camera? Your's looks very clean

:cool: It involves a tripod (note: don't forget the quick release plate and have balance your camera on the tripod :banghead:) and then taking multiple photographs.

In photoshop the photographs are combined using layer masks. If there is enough interest I can write a quick tutorial and put it up on my blog. :)

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
i was going to say photoshop, fantastic tool imo. layers make the most interesting shops with the least amount of messing.
it looks especially good as the light conditions are identical in each shot (well done you) looks pretty flawless!

Dec 18, 2008
Durham.
Hedgepig, that is indeed how I did multiple exposures on my Pentax. Some camera's weren't capable of doing it as indeed it wasn't actually a design feature. I just stumbled across it then had great fun with it, dispelling the myth that 'cameras never lie' :D
'twas a faff on though, almost always requiring a tripod.
Later, when cameras recieved digital gubbins inside, some actually had this feature.

Reminds me, I really must become more familiar with the features on my digital cameras.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE