One of my Base Camp grills.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
Just completed this for a member.Its a break from the usual size i make.This one being 3ft x 1ft with the 'hotplate' in the middle.Not for lightweight fans!:p (not that i weighs alot btw!)Just a touch over 5.5kgs.
P1070027.jpg

Last edited:

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Great work, but I'm disappointed, as I read the thread title as "One of my Base Camp girls".

I think I might need reading glasses. :22:

Still, basecamp girls, there's something in that idea...

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
Very useful, how long did it take to make and what gauge steel is the hotplate.
Colin.

Thanks for the comments.I think with all the marking out, cutting, welding, tidying up and spraying them...around 2 hours or so..
The hotplate is 1.2mm i think?All depends on what my supplier has at the time.

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
Great job! Is it all just low carbon steel? Might have a go at knocking one of these up at work! Is that just regular Black stove paint you've sprayed it with?

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
Great job! Is it all just low carbon steel? Might have a go at knocking one of these up at work! Is that just regular Black stove paint you've sprayed it with?

I just use normal mild steel.20x4mm for the framework and legs.6mm round for the bars.The hotplate is removable and supported by two 1inch flat strips.I spray them with stuff called Hycote hi-temp paint.Up to 650c.The tricky part is getting the holes for legs drilled in the right place.Ive made a gauge so i get it spot on each time now.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE