One little man, one little boat, one little bag of kit and one huge state park

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Thanks gents the third episode is almost ready. I know what you mean there Colin if the shelters were here they would just get abused, it happens over there a lot too several of the ones i visited were a total mess. It was a great trip Crassy and Dewi i could barely get the smile off my face the whole time and even when the camera was not on i was randomly laughing out loud to myself at everything from the madness of it all just being out there alone to the sheer beauty of it all.

Don't forget to hit the like button on the ol'e Youtube, maybe even subscribe to the channel as there will be a lot more adventures to come, i am buying a better camera for my future trips instead of using my mobile phone and the cheapo gopro snide piece of crap that broke on me mid trip, just trying to work out which genuine gopro version and mount options are best for my needs

mousey

Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
3 other episodes slowly uploading, for the first time in 5 years i wish i had a broadband internet connection, my only internet connection is by tethering my pc through my Samsung mobile phone, loading 1080p hd videos to Youtube via this takes around 6hrs for every 30 mins of video, in about 2 hrs time the next episode should be ready

Well, I've only just watched episode 1 [on a small screen hidden behind other windows as I'm at work and should be.... working:)]. Every time you appear on camera you've got a whacking great smile on your face - looks like you had a great time. Very well worth the waiting time to get this uploaded so I can live vicariously through your trip! I'm amazed how quiet it is, most other outdoor videos sound like a hurricane is blowing with the wind buffeting noise, it looks so tranquil.

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
There are a couple of windy bits here and there which i nearly edited out in each video but i ended up leaving them in, Mousey it sounds like you don't get a lot of work done ;), being in nature anywhere in any weather makes me smile so being somewhere like that and the weather being predominantly amazing i was the proverbial Cheshire Cat

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Part 3

[video=youtube;QDT6mujHxCk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDT6mujHxCk[/video]

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Just another 471 minutes to go until the final episode is finished uploading :lmao:

May 12, 2014
West Yorkshire
Watched part 1 at lunchtime, cant wait to get home to watch the rest. You have a lot of us on here jealous Bod, your trip is something most of us only dream of but never end up doing, looking forward to more.

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
To make this trip happen involved a hell of a lot of dreaming, now i am back home i am jealous of the me that was there cos now i am back here in my shady little flat in the middle of Newcastle city centre surrounded by the cacophony of the police helicopter and sirens every night and my drunken junky neighbours instead of the call of the Loon birds and the howling of the wolf packs merging with the songs of the crickets and toads

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Won't be long before you're back out there... may be somewhere closer to home, but you'll be out and about soon.

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Heading up to the mid west coast of Scotland in a couple of weeks for some wild tarp camping and foraging on the shores of a few sea lochs, if it's warm i might take up a kayak too

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
There you go, so you can take your fishing gear and catch fish... take pictures of said fish... then present them here as proof rather than these video diaries claiming to have caught fish, but without the necessary evidence :lmao: :p

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
hahahaha the fish pictures are in the write up section, Colin got a shout out in the videos as i remembered him ribbing me about if i didn't take pics none of it happened before i left uk lol

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Part 4

[video=youtube;n8Kim4EhoXE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8Kim4EhoXE&feature=yo utu.be[/video]

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Honestly thought you were going to do a Big Brother style monologue at the beginning of the video when you started with "Day 7..."

Looks to have been a brilliant place to get away from it all... can appreciate how being home must seem worlds away now... but as you've said, you'll be back out to the peace and quiet soon and the adventure continues.

Thank you so much for sharing your adventures... its something I reckon we all wish we could do, but we've kind of been there in a small way with you. Maybe it'll encourage us all to be a bit more adventurous in our travels :D

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
The one thing it has taught me in all of this is that there is a tiny line between dreaming about doing these mad things and then doing them, once you start putting the plans into action it just snowballs and the next thing you know you are paddling through the mountains grinning from ear to ear wishing it will never end

mousey

Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
.......Mousey it sounds like you don't get a lot of work done ;),.........

I prefer to call it multi tasking - getting a little of lots of stuff done rather than completely finishing one thing :)

Anyway I blame people that go off to have amazing adventures then spend their time doing a write up and making documentaries of it - not that I'm jealous in anyway shape or form, of course.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Was wondering if you happened to come across any areas of wild rice growing freely and abundantly in the margins? Yo know like mears does in his nothern wilderness series?

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Cheers Hamish it was a great trip

Mousey all i done was try my best to keep the promise i made to my fellow BCUK folks to take plenty of pics and vids and try and write a decent trip report ;) i'm glad it came out better than i thought it was gonna because i have enjoyed reading it myself on multiple occasions to relive the experience.

Dave there was plenty of grasslike plants growing in the fringes of the waterways but i never checked them to see if they were wild rice, to be honest most of the time i was so blown away by the majesty of the overall experience so many little details passed me by, through trying to take it all in at once i feel i missed most of the finer details

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE