One little man, one little boat, one little bag of kit and one huge state park

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Well i just finished writing the optional English subtitles track for my videos, took some doing translating Geordie to English, so if anyone out there knows anyone who struggles to understand Geordie or is deaf and you think they might enjoy my videos please share it with them

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
I'm so glad i wrote this as i just had the best medicine ever for cabin fever by reading it, i've been stuck indoors for best part of the last month after tearing my meniscus cartilage and my mc ligament in my left knee just after New Years, i'm just starting to be able to put a bit of weight on it now and starting dreaming about getting back on the fitness warpath

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Thanks Badger, I really enjoyed reading it again this morning i truly relived every minute and it brought back so much memory of it all that had snuck into the corners of my mind

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I'm so glad i wrote this as i just had the best medicine ever for cabin fever by reading it, i've been stuck indoors for best part of the last month after tearing my meniscus cartilage and my mc ligament in my left knee just after New Years, i'm just starting to be able to put a bit of weight on it now and starting dreaming about getting back on the fitness warpath

Ouch!
Do not rush recovery - I did my right knee ligaments, cartiladge et al when I was 20 and did not get correct treatment.. because of this my other knee, back and even my shoulder are wrecked! All caused or aggravated by overcompensation....

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Thanks for the advice John i think i remember reading you done yours in on your Lands End to JOG walk. Thankfully i caught it straight away and started resting and icing and compressing and elevating it before i even seen a doctor, my back is already gone and it was the awkward gait in my stride caused by my back that caused the knee damage, i'm using my walkign stick as much as possible and i'm switching between wearing a tubegrip bandage and a neoprene knee brace depending on how much bending of it i plan to be doing, currently doing a whole range of stretching and strengthening exercises 1 day on 1 day off and it is making a hell of a difference to the recovery and flexibility, for the first time since it happened i was able to cycle today and done 1 mile and it is not sore from it, i am hoping to be back on the treadmill by the end of the month albeit wearing knee braces whilst i do it

DogRose

Forager
Apr 19, 2015
Isle of Wight
That looked like a cracking adventure and made for a great read/watch on a blustery winter's morning. I'm not surprised you're reminiscing about it, beautiful country:)

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Currently reminiscing about all my previous adventures big and small at the minute but this one more than most, i'd love to be paddling down a tranquil little river in the middle of nowhere right now in blistering sunshine dipping my sunhat in the water and slapping it soaking wet onto my head, i think i am due a rewatch of my videos too i was quite content the other day just to read my write up and stare into the pictures

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
First time reading this thread, it's excellent, thanks for taking the time to put up the ics and write abbot your adventures, thoroughly enjoyed it... goodjob

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Cheers Tony I am so glad i took the time to do it as the feedback from everyone was great, it has also been excellent for me reading it and watching the videos in this last month during my knee recovery.

I was sitting last night planning my flights for my next solo trip into the Adirondacks this autumn, this next trip will be to a much more remote part called the Five Ponds Wilderness and for a longer duration, i also have much better cameras for this trip so hopefully the footage i catch will be even better.

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Hope so too, at the minute it all feels like way to much hassle but i know once i get the ball rolling properly the rest will fall into place

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Me too, currently trying to make my mind up whether to go at the same time of year or go a month later and be in the mountains for the autumn when the trees change colour, i like the idea of it but i don't like the idea of all the extra clothing i'll have to drag around with me as it will be a fair bit colder, there is only so much gear you can squeeze on a 10ft kayak :rolleyes:

Lisa and Jerry say hello from Pennsylvania. We missed you on Forked Lake this year. We had way too much pot pie and peach cobbler and no one to share it with. We were thinking about you and I found your trip report from last year. Keep in touch and let us know of your adventures. Lisa

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
So bloody amazing that you found me, i told the world about you two and the pot pie and cobbler, very very fond memories of meeting you both, you both added a very enjoyable and needed human element to my solo adventure last year.

Won't be long until i am back in the Adirondacks, my flight leaves on the 28th of this month and i should be in the ADKS by the 11th October if all goes to plan

Last edited:

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
It's been on the slow cooker since the day i left, i've had my flights since Febuary I was sure i had mentioned it, i've just spent the last 2 hours going over maps decided where exactly i am going to paddle and camp.

Mad part is that this is my first adventure since the last one, i seriously don't know how i fell into that trap as i had so many other plans and one by one they fell apart, thankfully this is all sorted.

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
That's the thing with plans, life gets in the way all too often, I hope you have as good if not better trip than the last one, more videos please :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE