One little man, one little boat, one little bag of kit and one huge state park

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
My 2 inflatable boats are an intex k2 explorer and a sevylor tahhiti 2 plus 1 kayak

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
A kayak or canoe and a week in scotland would be an awesome 40th gift. I turn 40 in 10 days

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
A kayak or canoe and a week in scotland would be an awesome 40th gift. I turn 40 in 10 days

I beat you by 6 days :)

I can ask... I've not had a no yet... my last birthday present or at least part of it was a blacksmithing course.

Drooling over kayaks for the past half an hour... I do like the look of the inflatables... some smart designs and I like the ones with the nets to hold your gear in place.

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
I bungee cord my gear into mine, they are great initially I was worried about punctures but I have never had one yet and iv run many shallow rivers and gouged off the bottom hundreds of times, still always take the repair kits that they came with

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
That is my favourite of mine, I eventually replaced a paddle with a carbon fibre one but that was just snobbery lol

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
We have run that with an 18 stone bloke and a 13 stone bloke no bother lol well over the recommended weight allowance but I prefer to use it solo with my kit bag behind me seat

Last edited:

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Tempted to hit that Buy It Now button... been staring at it for a bit now.

Guessing I'm better asking whether the trip is okay before I buy kit for it though.

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Lol if you have it trips will happen lol maybe not today maybe not tomorrow but soon and for the rest of your life :lmao:

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Quality stuff I had a blurt out laugh at that, I love my inflatable kayaks they opened up a whole new world of outdoor activity to me

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Well folks my USA trip has come to an end and i fly home tomorrow, good thing is i'll now get a chance to edit up the video's, if you're interested in that then watch this space

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
i nearly bought another one of those intex when you posted that link as i paid 130gbp for mine and got all the same kit

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
That's pretty much the price they are in Argos... well £124...

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produ...Product/partNumber/3177703.htm&referrer=COJUN

which is probably where I'll buy it when I can work out a way of explaining to my other half that its a necessary purchase. For the sake of £15, Argos have been pretty good at getting stuff exchanged or repaired in the past for me, and they may just give me a refund when my wife decides its the canoe or a divorce :p

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
You need to get her in it with you sitting upfront where she can point at butterflies and stuff with her paddle whilst you propel you both through nature, only thing missing from the bundle to get you both safely on the water is a pfd each

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
There are some fantastic pfds on ebay for under £30... was looking at them the other night.

Might suggest it for next summer's glamping, but my wife is more likely to have a camera in her hand... she loves photographing nature.

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
There's an angle you could use, shooting pics from a kayak is a brilliant vantage point

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
True... she's currently fascinated by lichen... she makes a lot of pots and clay sculptures that feature it, but who knows what she'll see out on the water.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE