One little man, one little boat, one little bag of kit and one huge state park

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Wow, I didn't expect that first thing this morning. spent the last half hour enthralled, couldn't leave my seat, great trip report and the photo's are stunning, all in all sounds like it was the trip of a life time, thanks for sharing. :):You_Rock_

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
Your very bad - I'm at work and supposed to be, ahem, working and not sitting around reading trip reports and subsequently day-dreaming :)

Lovely photos and an excellent write-up, I especially enjoyed the flexible moments and the time taken out to look at a map and then a decision to do something different from an original plan to fit better into the reality of the travel.

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
Buddy, I really enjoyed reading that!

I stood out front of the hunting cabin I was in and watched that storm rattle around for hours wondering how you were faring. Somehow it missed me completely, spectacular though it was and the next morning was only slightly less humid.

We headed to the lakes nearby as this was the only way to keep cool in the 29 degree heat. (Other than drinking beer)

Eventually I was lured through similar hospitality to that you enjoyed to St Catherine's and Niagara where aircon a pool and the spray from the Falls in turn made my last weekend bearable.

I got eaten by the mosquitoes and when I soaked myself in Jungle Formula then washed my hands for dinner I got bitten on the palms of my hands!

I'm being tempted to return for Ice Fishing. Canada shouldn't be as hot as it was.

Sounds like we both enjoyed our adventures!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Thanks for the feedback everyone, hearing that you all enjoyed reading it makes me feel I done my trip justice taking the time to write the report, I'm not the most literal of fellows and it took a bit to turn memory and pictures into a flow of text that made sense to anyone other than myself as I was there ;)

I was definitely smiling a lot on my adventure, the hard times were good times as much as the easygoing times and those times when alone where you are faced with certain choices and you know the outcome of each choice made will affect you are the best bits about travelling alone and relying on yourself

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
I just use an a frame setup but low ridge line with steep sides which touch the floor. Summer version is a really high ridge line with shallow sloping sides that end up about 1-2 ft from the floor

Like this instead of the setup scene in my last campsite in the report which was the summer version of it

13642-1432510473-ea313324d8cd58d525ab5f38735c0f92.jpg

Last edited:

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Mad thing is it is starting to feel like a dream, wish I was back there now as I am sitting here twiddling my thumbs with nothing to do but relax between now and heading back to England next week

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
It is a dream trip though isn't it. You're bound to feel some remorse on leaving it. Wanted to do something like it since a kid reading of explorers and watching Pasqueinel (bad spelling) paddle his canoe in Centennial. I used to have a bit of a comedown after trips too but if they were good you've a lifetime of savouring to enjoy that'll more than balance it out.
Safe trip home Bod.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Would you go again?

Damm straight lol already planning a trip to a different area of the Adirondacks next year called the 5 ponds wilderness.

Cheers Colin it's all good I am enjoying the memory, looking forward to editing the hours of video I shot, hopefully it comes out at the end as well as the report did

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE