One for Shinobi?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JimH

Nomad
Dec 21, 2004
Stalybridge
jamesdevine said:
It always disappoints me when people dis the martial arts like this.

I heartily agree (and would like to reassure you my remarks were aimed at the ridiculous description/vendor, not our BushNinja contingent)

jamesdevine said:
My mora with Kydex sheath would do all of that and more and looks alot cooler.

James

I'm guessing at least 8 out of 10 Ninja would agree with you. At a pinch, the fat wierd looking "axe" thing might make a fair trowel or possibly cooking spatula...

Jim.

shinobi

Settler
Oct 19, 2004
Eastbourne, Sussex.
www.sussar.org

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
I'm tittering away to myself thinking about Ray dressed as a ninja

leaping from tree to tree
breaking branches
volting over a river
splitting a log in half with a swift chop of the hand
throwing his staff at it with enough spin to get the fire going
moving as if he was part of a ballet as he hunts
cartwheeling as he picks up a bunny
jumping up into the trees once more to add a bird or two
picking up a frying pan and hitting it so hard it turns into a billycan
then finaly
he takes a swig of vodka and fallls into the bracken to woken up by birds chirping with an imense hangover

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I've never seen Ray do anything really active like jogging, jumping hurdling etc. It seems all so common, dirty and uncouth for him :D

scruff

Maker
Jun 24, 2005
West Yorkshire
LOL!!!!!

how are those can even be vaguely described as "ninja" (wot eva that means) i have no idea.

i have to go and change my pants now i've jus wet myself :D

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Chaps, behave. This started as a thread showing the daft things that people sell on ebay, and has degenerated into making fun of Mr. Mears. I have removed Scruff's last comment. Not funny. Not acceptable whatever your opinion of Judo is!

I have also moved this to Other Chatter because it really isn't about Edged Tools.

scruff

Maker
Jun 24, 2005
West Yorkshire
i think that was probably due to the fact that mongolian wrestlers cover themselves in oil (ie. difficult to grapple) and dont wear judo gi's (ie. essential to grapple - well in judo) rather than a reflection of rays technique.

ps. apologies to all for my previous 'misdemeanour'

jamesdevine

Settler
Dec 22, 2003
Skerries, Co. Dublin
You are confusing it with Turkish wrestling. Mongolian wrestling is not that much different that Judo in practice. Yes they don't were Gi but the do use lock and throws that are similar if maybe a little crude. They are definitly no push overs :D

Back to the knives then.

Regards,
James

scruff

Maker
Jun 24, 2005
West Yorkshire
ooh your right my bad.

there wear those open chested tops instead dont they.

my rusty old memory i thought i'd seen them oiling up when palin saw the on that himalaya programme.

jus to clear my name tho i hadnt been criticising judo or mr mears my choice of words could merely have been a little better.

also on a practical note RMs stature and size (i'm meaning height and frame not his weight here) does genuinely lend itself to being a good judoka as a low centre of gravity helps ur own stability, preventing throws and through good execution of technique allows for greater control of ur opponent by breaking there stance/ balance.

sorry anyway back to bushcraft..........

JimH

Nomad
Dec 21, 2004
Stalybridge
Snufkin said:
Buy it for £3 then get hit for £20 postage?

Of course. It's one of *them*. Should have spotted it, really. Seems to be an increasingly popular form of leverage on Ebay.

Doubly so since I actually worked out some postage costs for stuff as part of that Mora group buy. Small packet post is waaay cheaper than I thought...

Jim.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE