On Bacon Grill....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kent Clark

Nov 23, 2014
Crewe
There are tastier alternatives. Widely available, just not in the UK.

pork-brains-01.jpg

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire

Talking of the canned pork products.....has anyone sussed out the stuff in the Polish racks in the supermarkets ? There certainly seem to be an awful lot of cans that sort of look like they're full of the bacon grill-ish.

M

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida

pork-brains-01.jpg

I used to eat brains & eggs with Daddy when I was a wee little guy. I think ours were freshrathet than tinned though. That said, I have seen them tinned here occasionally.

Dave-the-rave

Settler
Feb 14, 2013
minsk
I like Bacon Grill. I think most men of a certain age do (and a few women too) :)

Anyway - its getting harder to find in a tin. Tulip have started doing it in a silly plastic pot at about £1.50 for 200g. It has a much shorter shelf life in the plastic tub too.

Anyway - was in Lidl today. Their bacon grill is the same price, weighs 300g (an extra 50%) - and has a date of 2019 :) . Thats more like it as a "standby" food. Needless to say I stocked up.

Try Spam with bacon. I've a feeling you might like it. Close to Compo Bacon Grill and available in the big Tesco's.

th

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Talking of the canned pork products.....has anyone sussed out the stuff in the Polish racks in the supermarkets ? There certainly seem to be an awful lot of cans that sort of look like they're full of the bacon grill-ish.

M

Yes, Ive sussed them out. It's dog food with mucho added fat.

I used to work with a couple of Poles, their sandwiches smelt exactly like Pedigree Chum.

Bacon Grill trumps Spam anyday, but Spam with Garlic is worth a go. Spam with Bacon doesn't have anything going for it at all. Good to see the metal cans are still about. I used to keep a couple in the back of the car with the winter kit, but the placcy tub stuff just doesn't keep long enough.

garethw

Settler
Why on Earth would anybody want to bait a trash fish?

Well here in France I fish mostly for carp, barbel, tench, Wels catfish and Pike (occasionally) .. I release all my fish, so trash is relative. I look for sport and these species fight the hardest. On the riight gear the barbel is one of the hardest fighting freshwter fish.. and has a huge fillowing in the UK and Europe.

17sept01-47aa211.jpg

12lb 4oz

8oct03-47fd0ff.jpg

41lb 6oz

I caught these on boilies but both would take lucheon meat..

cheers
Gareth

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Well here in France I fish mostly for carp, barbel, tench, Wels catfish and Pike (occasionally) .. I release all my fish, so trash is relative. I look for sport and these species fight the hardest. On the riight gear the barbel is one of the hardest fighting freshwter fish.. and has a huge fillowing in the UK and Europe.

17sept01-47aa211.jpg

12lb 4oz

8oct03-47fd0ff.jpg

41lb 6oz

I caught these on boilies but both would take lucheon meat..

cheers
Gareth

Fair enough then. Nice catch!

Amon81

Nomad
Mar 9, 2009
Birmingham
I buy my bacon grill from my local 99p store. They pretty much always have it in stock, the only other 99p store I've been to had it too. It's Plumrose brand 99% of the time, for me that's great as I much prefer it over the Princess brand and Spam. Never been a massive fan of spam.

I've seen Princess brand in a couple of local corner shops for about £2.50 a can. I'll stick with the 99p shop. I normaly have about 10 tins in one of my cupboards, that and a load of Heinz oxtail soup. 2 things I'm always well stocked with. Simple easy food you can't go wrong with.

I love the stuff. Finley sliced and quickly fried. Bit of brown sauce on nice white bead. Simple hard to bead basic food.

Also nice in noodles.

I basicly use it as a backup for proper bacon for when I run out. Or as a nice sandwich for work.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE