Old new member!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

peteswright

Jun 10, 2017
Sheffield
Hi people. Just joined. Must admit, mainly because i'm trying without success to find Whittling/Carving forums in the UK. Only recently taken this up after seeing examples of Flat Plane Carving. Need info on tools, wood, knives, V tools, Gouges etc. There seems a total lack of Uk based forums dedicated to woodcrafting unless I'm missing something. It all seems to be US based. Thought this forum might have some like minded folk. I do camp (tent, too old for bushcrafting lol) I shoot Air pistol & walk a lot when gout allows. If anyone wants to chuck questions at me to find out more, feel free. Other than that, get ready for questions from me!!!!!! BTW Im also a member of three shooting forums too. ATB. Pete. PS I'm 67yrs old. Dont want yall thinkin i'm a young whippersnapper.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Hello Pete, and welcome :D

You are a youngster…our oldest member that I am aware of is 93, and he still gets out and walks :D Doesn't camp out anymore though but he does B&B nearby and comes and joins the company around the campfire :)

There used to be the Bodger's sites, and Robin Woods did woodcarving, but apart from woodturners, I'm out of touch.

Pull up the proverbial log and come and join the conversations around our virtual campfire :D

cheers,
Toddy

peteswright

Jun 10, 2017
Sheffield
Thanks folks for the welcome. Incidentally I do watch quite a few bushcraft sites (I don't have a TV) Realybigmonkey1, Joe robenet, Greencraft, black oracle, Doug outside etc. Love watching other people's bushcrafting experiences. ATB. Pete.

Last edited:

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Greetings Pete from a 41 year old Geordie whippersnapper who likes a bit of whittling and gouging

peteswright

Jun 10, 2017
Sheffield
welcome Pete from another 'old bloke' who likes to gouge a bit :)
Ta. Speaking of gouging. I ordered a V tool but its disappeared in the post. Been refunded through PayPal so will have to start searching for another. Got some Helvie knives winging their way from the states as we speak to replace my Moras & Flexcuts.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE