OK, so who carved this at Oxwich bay?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
On hols at the Gower, found this freshly carved.

a32f6f131cb408cce0b73d4ceca6490e.jpg

Chances are someone on here is the culprit?

M

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I'm Spartacus!

Well actually no I'm not. But as a side note one of the ranger services up here has carved a series of "fairy houses" into live trees. It's to attract people into the forest and to get them to interact with the woodland. Playing Devils advocate but it's not doing a huge amount of damage. Everybody used to oh and ah with joy when veiwing the old coins hammered into the tree trunks on the cemetry island up here. Some fairy trees have died through so many things being tied to them.
Sorry maybe I'm slightly inured to it as an ex forester and personaly I wouldn't do this to a live tree. Heck I even set my bonsai tree free as I didn't want to torture the thing and I used to say sorry to every tree I cut.
Sorry rambling here not sure how I feel about it. Not my thing and pointless damage is silly. But we harvest wood, killing trees all the time for firewood and carving projects.
Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
Is that by the moot? And if so, am I right in thinking you teach hunting there too? There are probably wounded rabbits walking around.

The wood does not seem like it needs thinning, some of the F.C. sites you could chop all afternoon and still leave it over populated, a hell of a lot of saplings do not make it.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I'd be interested to know why the OP assumes that this was done by a member here? Is there a reason for the assumption that I'm missing?

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Is that by the moot? And if so, am I right in thinking you teach hunting there too? There are probably wounded rabbits walking around.

The wood does not seem like it needs thinning, some of the F.C. sites you could chop all afternoon and still leave it over populated, a hell of a lot of saplings do not make it.

Oxwich bay is nearly 40 miles away from the Moot. Hunting is not taught at the Moot, but a few traps and snares are explained, along with the legalities of their use.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I think some folk are taking the tounge in cheek comments seriously. Some folk are just having a bit of fun.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Ah, OK...........Just thought I'd missed something there; happens more often than I'd like these days :eek:

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I didn't get any hint of "tongue in cheek" either, I must say, hence my question earlier in the thread.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Blimey you lot are a bunch of delicate flowers this week.

It's a carving of a woodspirit that made me smile. It may also be an act of vandalism, but that wasn't the point ...

Good grief

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE