Oh, so annoying!!!

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
The thing that drives me nuts is when they try to push specials on people.

I make no bones about the fact I like to make sure I get every last penny's worth of value out of any deal, I am the shop assistant's nightmare.

I actually complained once in a branch of Millets(I think), because they were trying to palm off the current special offer cooker to someone. I asked what size tent they had, and then pointed out that the dual burner/gas bottle stove might be a bit dangerous.

Some shops / chains do have their staff on a commission scheme... something I arbor as I believe that you should advise as to what the customer needs. Though some customers are a) misinformed b) are too aspirational in what they want and c) Just narrow minded. I had a lady in today who was off to the jungle and was wanting boots. I tried to save her money and was telling her of products that we don't stock that were ideal as we didn't have what she wanted. She had a product in mind and wouldn't shift on it. In the end it's the customers choice. Though I will refuse to sell something that I deem to be inherently unsafe. I'd much rather lose a sale than endanger someone.
Goatboy.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE