Oberland Gear Smock?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bazooka Joe

Tenderfoot
Oct 27, 2011
Danmark
I've already got an Arktis smock which I'm very pleased with, but I'm not too comfortable wearing it for civilian activies as it's in Danish military camo, so I'm on the lookout for an OD smock for hunting/shooting/fishing/mucking about in the woods/general kicking about. I noticed that there was a group buy of OD arktis smocks from Endicotts a few months ago......:( Too late again!!

I've found this one at a retailer in Germany though (less than two hours drive from me).

http://www.ranger-shop.de/products/...mocks/Oberland-Gear-Einsatzsmock-Ripstop.html

I was wondering if anyone here knows anything about the smock? Or has any other experience with products from this manufacturer? What's the quality like? As good as Arktis, or not?

Cheers
Joe

Trojan

Silver Trader
Mar 20, 2009
The Countryside
Hi

Also look at Tac Gear or Helikon both I think are Polish and both have OD smocks for sale in the UK including evilbay!

A quick search on ebay brings up the Kit Karry smock in OD.

Hope that helps

Bluebs4

Aug 12, 2011
Bristol
Have a Arktis top notch,helikon ok but not in the same league but best iv seen is the daggerline smock just can't bring myself to spend that much on one.

edelweiss

Sep 27, 2011
Austria
The Oberland smock looks a bit over-engineered to me, I must say, unless you really need the MOLLE loops on the back. They do look very ally though.

I bought a Helikon Field Parka recently which seems to be a decent (for Chinese import stuff) implementation of the British 2005 smock. Available in OD as well and not too
expensive at around 75 EUR.

If you are looking for an OD smock, you might also want to consider Leo Koehler, the Bundeswehr supplier. There are black and OD versions of
their smock available.

Last but not least, I also own one of these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SAS-Style-Smock-OLIVE-DRAB-180-104-VERY-LIMITED-OFFER-/110762029706?pt=UK_Collectables_Militaria_LE&hash=item19c9ee728a#ht_1039wt_1066 Good value for money, and made out of rather windproof cotton twill.

Happy hunting!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE