Numpty sees the error of his ways!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
So it's been two decades since I've done any wild camping, but over that time I have done plenty of camp sites with the wife and kids etc. I have (or am just about to) jumped back into it with a passion but am now thinking that the extra years may have had an effect on the old grey matter!
I have been plotting and planning my forthcoming trips using OS "Getamap" and Google earth etc and have drawn up plans covering most of the uk.
What I can't work out is why it didn't cross my mind to look on my doorstep? Perhaps it's too close? I couldn't see the woods for the trees (yawn).
Anyway, I live on the edge of the Wye Valley and am surrounded by some of the countries best woodlands, rivers and mountains. Whilst at work today, realisation suddenly dawned and I grabbed my keys and ran out the door.
I headed for a local woodland, parked the car and headed in, an hour later I'm still making my way through a vast and beautiful woodland. The scenery was stunning and by at 4pm I wandered within feet of two Owls which scared me half to death!
There were hundreds of prime spots for ground and hammock camping and a forest floor full of wood with no signs of human activity anywhere.
I didn't get any pics but I'm going to give my DD Hammock it's maiden voyage there on Tuesday night and will film it.

But why "Numpty"??

Well, because I can see this woodland from my bedroom windows and I have NEVER walked there once in the 9 years I've lived here.

NUMPTY!

Last edited:

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Wye valley is lovely. Which side of the river are you? I know at least one member on here who spends a lot of time in Chepstow, and I'm often up around the Monmouth area.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE