Nova Craft SP3 Prospector Canadian Canoe for sale

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Hi Steve,if you do ever decide on a Mega,try and get hold of just the hull,the fit and finish was awful.

Well to be honest, I've heard mixed reviews on these boats and the company but the fact is; I'm not into home finishing this sort of thing. Same goes for an Apache hull, which I could also get in carbon/kevlar, for similar money, though I'd save at least half the fuel costs.

I know what I want but it's just not available:rolleyes:

I want a boat that paddles like the SP3 Prospector, looks like the SP3 Prospector and is as bombproof, as the SP3 Prospector but weighs the same as an Old Town Pack at 15kgs!;)

The closest I'm going to get, is the Nova Craft, Royalex lite, Prospector 15 which is, in essence, the same hull as my SP3 but weighs about 30lbs less.

The real drawbacks, are that the boat above, is listed at £1350 ( before any discount) and is about as durable, knocks and scrapes wise, as a polystyrene egg box:(

But I simply have to accept the excessive price and compromise on the durability to reduce the weight.

Oh! and there's at least a 4 week waiting time for the above!!

Hey ho!:surrender:

anyway; does anyone want to buy a boat?:D

cheers

Steve

rancid badger

Right then; just a bit of clarification.

I'm now expecting a phone call on Sunday, to make arrangements for viewing/picking up the boat on Monday.

If I don't receive a call before 6pm, I'll assume that the potential buyer has dropped out and the next person on the list will then have priority and then the next one.

I'm prepared to wait a couple of days for folk to organise viewing but more than that and it goes to "first come first served"

I'm sorry if this seems a bit blunt but I can't really work out a more fair way to do it.

R.B.

rancid badger

I thought about a bob special but I would like to keep my options open on the likes of the Tyne Tour or Scottish river trips and the NC Prospector in royalex lite seems the best option for me.

Either way, I can't get hold of either boat for 3-4 weeks, unless I'm prepared to drive down to Norwich, although they've only got green prospectors anyway.

Not keen on that mind you:rolleyes:

Then again,I wont wait indefinitely and if push comes to shove, I may well "nip my cheeks" and take the 540 mile round trip hit, to Norwich and go back to paddling a "green plastic peapod";)

Cheers

Steve

rancid badger

Good for you on the sale, saved me a bit of dosh :D

Cheers Tony;)

If you do end up buying a boat and you don't go royalex or GRP, then the SP3 really is the best you'll get in polythene.

It's a straight forward copy of the Nova Craft Royalex Prospectors and the only real differences are the weight and the much better durability.

thanks again

Steve

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE