Not the "Bushcraft Uniform"

EdS

Carhatt bibs (bungaree) are my usual wear in the woods. Real Unlce Jesse Duke style.

Helps that I live in the woods I tend to play in.

To be honest dunagrees are great - (poly cotton ones would be good) keeps you back warm and covered (no midge bites), more pockets and they stay up when bending up and down.

Just got to find a red wool union suit next.

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
...To be honest dunagrees are great - (poly cotton ones would be good) keeps you back warm and covered (no midge bites), more pockets and they stay up when bending up and down....

What about these Snickers workwear. I used to wear these as a jobbing electrician, and they took some abuse crawling about lofts and foundations etc...
0212-9595.gif

http://www.snickersdirect.co.uk/snickers-workwear-0312-piece-p-89974.html

Simon

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
I use a plastic backed picnic blanket under the hammock and tarp, not bushcrafty but great in the night for standing on without your boots for a widdle.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I use a plastic backed picnic blanket under the hammock and tarp, not bushcrafty but great in the night for standing on without your boots for a widdle.

Luxury!
My wife has one of they picnic blankets.....I guess it is the non plus ultra of groundsheets!

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
after being into this site for nearly four years, and claiming all along that i'm not a bushcrafter, I just got my first three bits of uniform...

a hennessay hammock
a snug pag sleeping bag
and a swedish army rucksack (a smelly old school, but none the less, useful article.)

I might even join up as a full member on my 1000th post. :)

used to make rocket stoves out of one large plum tomato can with a hole in the side for to stick a regular can with the lids cut off for to feed in kindling and give draught.

were excellent for getting the tea on instant in the morning when it's damp. or just for regular cookin when you need the fire for heat

got no pics as i have given up my bin-raiding ways and as such am bereft of catering-size tin cans.

i's a post industrial hunter gatherer ;) foraging the bountiful fruits of the industrial estate

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE