Not the "Bushcraft Uniform"

mace242

Native
Aug 17, 2006
Yeovil, Somerset, UK
For a similar reason I have white tea towel that I drape over the ridge line at night. If I go away from the tent in the middle of the night for the call of nature I can sweep my torch in an arc and the tea towel reflects quite well. Also it works as a... tea towel.

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
Hoodoo,what make is your canoe.it is very similar to one i have in kevlar called a summersong

PB010035-1.jpg

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
gill, that's a Bell Merlin II. I also have a Bell Yellowstone in royalex for banging down rivers and a Grumman aluminum that hasn't seen water in quite a few years.

Here is a pic of the Yellowstone. ;)

rogue23c.jpg

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
This is my contribution, my flatpak stove
CIMG0007.jpg

Designed and built the first one, second (this one) is laser cut :D

I also use the can candle holders, used 2 at the First Aid weekend at Comriecroft over Easter.

Stephen

Is the backsplash ornamental or for a purpose?

(you don't think praise will be forthcoming after mocking my kuksa artistry,surely?).:D

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
they're comfy, I like 'em, I got them cheap in the sales, and I don't care what anyone thinks of him personally.
If the matching waistcoat had decent sized pockets I'd have that too!

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I noticed this quote from Toddy the other day and thought it typified just what I was thinking

Snip> We all practice this 'craft, :cool: in our own ways, in assorted places across the world, with varying degrees of hardcore or poundstore kit. <Snip

I have bits of kit from all sorts of odd places and it's often the cheap as chips, cobbled together bits that give the most pleasure.

Water-collector-1.jpg

My water collector made from a pudding basin for example.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I find the DIY part of the ethos the most stimulating part of Bushcrafting along
with seeing how other cultures address the everyday problems of living.
This is where my making of Coconut Crafts comes from
Mylatestprojects-1.jpg

I am not sure if this is part of the uniform or not,
but it looks good with my Ventile, Kakadu, Swanni, Swedish Army Trangia knives, axes scars etc etc

The bottle and knife I guess are "uniform" as,
although I made them myself (bar the blade) the inspiration for each was from this site....

markheolddu

Settler
Sep 10, 2006
Llanelli
I have a red and black checked Swanni, not the usual green:cool: . its a bit "loud" but you can easily spot me in the group photos.

Mark

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE